Let’s zoom in and take a look at the Haiku, Maui real estate market, in particular the residential listings. What’s for sale and what’s selling?
216 Door of Faith Rd., Haiku, Maui (MLS# 359610)
Currently, there are 72 listings either Active or Pending. Prices range from $200,000 for a little old home on a tiny lot, to $6,790,000 for a fabulous historic estate on 26 plus acres. Haiku covers a lot of territory, and offers many kinds of housing! Starter homes are generally closer to downtown Haiku and come with a small piece of land, usually less than a quarter acre. When you get into the $600,000 price range, you’ll probably get a half acre to a couple of acres or more along with a house. Maybe even 2 houses, since that’s allowed for large parcels.
What Price Points are Selling?
If we break it down further, we can see what price points are selling.
There are 18 listings priced under $600,000. This is the hot section of the market, the price range that normal people can afford. Most of these will be either old homes, small lots, residential condos, partial ownership, or some other feature that causes the price to be low. One is a foreclosure home. None are oceanfront, or even close to the ocean, with the exception of 1 cottage on 2 acres. Even an ocean view in this price range is a luxury.
- 6 are Active – fully available for showings and offers
- 1 is Escrow Canceling – buyer is backing out
- 8 are Pending Continue to Show – looking for back up offers, just in case
- 3 are Pending Do NOT Show – very secure with current buyer and closing soon
There are 23 listings priced between $600,000 and $1,095,000. This market segment is fairly active, with most of the pending sales in the $700K’s. None are bank owned foreclosures. Most come with an acre or two of land, and even as much as 5 acres.
- 16 are Active – fully available for showings and offers
- 7 are Pending Continue to Show – looking for back up offers, just in case
There are 31 listings priced at $1,100,000 and higher. All of these (with one exception) come with 2 acres or more, and some with 26 or 38 acres. Sixteen of these properties have a house and a detached cottage. All of these higher priced homes (with 1 exception) have ocean views. Five are oceanfront, but not beachfront. Not much activity here, so these ones tend to stay on the market longer.
- 30 are Active
- 1 is Pending Continue to Show
A few more interesting facts about homes for sale in Haiku, Maui right now:
- Lowest priced oceanfront home is $1,644,500
- Largest parcel is 38.7 acres, with a house and cottage
- 5 are completely off-grid – no county water or power. Do you want to be off the grid on Maui?
I hope this helps you get a better picture of what’s available in the Haiku home market. It’s no surprise that the more you spend, the better quality of home and location you can get. What’s your budget for a home in Haiku? Do you need help finding the property that’s right for you? Got any questions? Let me be your guide.
Georgie Hunter, R(S) e-Pro
800 667-5028 ex 8241
Direct: 808 283-0635