A Weekend of Oceanfront Activity in Maui’s Diverse Real Estate Market
Weekend Update – Maui Oceanfront Real Estate Sales
Just what kind of oceanfront and beachfront properties on Maui are selling these days? In our MLS, we deal with houses, condos and vacant land sales in Maui County which is made up of Maui, Molokai, and Lanai. Timeshare and commercial real estate sales won’t be covered in this market update.
Over the weekend there’s a lot going on and I can show you what happened in just 2 days as an example of the variety of oceanfront listings that come and go. Only 18 properties made the hot sheet by either selling, entering the market, or having a price reduction as we approach the end of February 2018. Interesting to note that the highest price and lowest price sales were in South Maui’s Wailea and Makena area, while the bulk of the sales were West Maui beachfront condos.
The Makena shoreline, Maui
- 3 condos priced from $232,000 to $470,000 all sold in West Maui
- 1 boat garage in South Maui’s Wailea Point sold for $288,000
- A residential condo home at Makena Pl sold for $9,300,000 after only 70 days on market
- A 1966 beach home on .4 acres on Molokai sold for $800,000
What’s New on the Market:
- Haiku, vacant land – 9.2 cliff front acres with flat open pasture, gulch and ocean access, and a well – asking $1,880,000
- West Maui – 5 new vacation condos hit the market between $929,000 and $1,650,000
- Molokai Island – 1 beachfront acre with a simple 3BD/2BA house – asking $675,000
Maui Banyans in Maalaea
What’s Under Contract:
- Maalaea – 2 vacation condos priced at $399,000 and $695,000
- Kapalua – a 3BD/3.5BA Montage Residences unit goes pending at $3,595,000
- Hana, vacant land – a rugged 3.8 acres of rocky shoreline had a price reduction to $1,210,000
- West Maui – a 1BD unit at Kapalua Bay Villas reduced the price to $1,095,000 after more than a year
- Search the Maui MLS for oceanfront homes and raw land
- 57 residential homes priced from $449,000 (Molokai) to $26,900,000 (Keawakapu Beach, Kihei)
- 36 vacant land parcels priced from $329,000 (Molokai) to $12,000,000 (Hana)
- 404 condos of all kinds priced from $69,000 (Leasehold on Molokai) to $25,000,000 (Wailea Point)
There’s no substitute for oceanfront living! If you have questions about the Maui real estate market, just reach out and I can help.