Maui’s Upcountry Realtor Caravan (June 18, 2015) – Makawao & Pukalani
Thursday is Upcountry Realtor Caravan day on Maui, and yesterday we toured homes in Makawao and Pukalani to preview the new listings and get a better understanding of the real estate market. I’ve put them together in a nice Hawaii Life Gallery for your convenience, and will give a little feedback. As these properties sell or go off the market, the gallery will no longer display them, so I’ll add a few pictures here as well. These are listed by various companies, and none are listings of Hawaii Life.
- 2350 A Piiholo Rd. (MLS# 365199) – 2 acres with a 2BD/1BA home way up in Olinda – $898,000. Honestly, didn’t drive up there to see it, it’s a long way!
- 1102 Puana St. (MLS# 365283) – 5BD/3BA home with a brand new 2-story addition – $649,000. A lot of house and good views too. Backs up to a large pasture.
- 9 Maha St. (MLS# 365154) – cute 2BD/1BA residential condo starter home right in Makawao town – $369,000. Should sell quickly despite some road noise from Makawao Ave.
- 71 Makawao Ave, Gardens Upcountry #15 (MLS# 365186) – nice 2BD/2.5BA 2-story townhouse condo – $485,000. Condos are a rare find in this area. Really like the modern floor plans here, and the location.
- 21 Kuinehe Pl, Cottages at Kulamalu #36 (MLS# 365229) – contemporary 3BD/2.5BA townhouse condo – $669,000. Nice community across from the new Kulamalu Shopping Center.
- 3055 Iki Pl. (MLS# 365310) – charming 3BD/2BA single level cottage on a large lot – $499,000. Nice privacy and big yard with a lot of fruit trees. Probably will be the first to sell.
- 26 Alohi Pl. (MLS# 365163) – classic 3BD/2BA house and detached cottage on almost half an acre – $607,000. You can see this home has been well loved and raised a lot of family. 2 homes for the price of 1.
- 271 Kaualani Dr. (MLS# 365338) – impeccable custom 4BD/3BA home on the fairway – $979,000. Wow and wow. High ceilings, beautiful wood floors, kitchen to die for, all in a great location overlooking the greens.
The view at 1102 Puana St., Makawao (MLS# 365283). The views from upstairs were nice looking towards West Maui, and downstairs the views out back were pretty good too.
The Gardens Upcountry (MLS# 365186) are tucked away from the main road and centered around a courtyard with beautiful views.
Avocados at 3055 Iki Pl., Pukalani (MLS# 365310). This yard had so many good features…fruit trees, a shady orchid/anthurium house, a fire pit, and basketball area.
The house on Alohi Pl. (MLS# 365163) has a nice mature yard, and the cottage is well separated from the main house.
271 Kualani Drive, Pukalani (MLS# 365338). This last home was a real stand out, and probably the nicest home on the street. The butcher block kitchen counter tops are hand crafted and gorgeous!
I hope you liked the quick tour of Makawao and Pukalani new properties. Let me know if you have any questions about any of these homes, or others in the area. I try to see them all if possible so I can make it easier for you. When you’re ready to buy a home on Maui, please let me be your guide. On other Thursdays we’ll tour homes in Kula, Maui that are for sale.
Georgie Hunter, R(S), e-Pro,
Direct: 808 283-0635