Sunset Ridge at Waikoloa: Newly Built Homes with Premier Kohala Coast Views
With inventory for new homes under the $600,000 tighter than ever, buyers are looking north to opportunities in Waikoloa Village for newer construction, value, and panoramic ocean views.
At Sunset Ridge at Waikoloa, I couldn’t help being impressed by the feel of the expansive land and sense of place. There’s something about the 180 degree ocean and coastal views that leaves you quiet. The developer’s done a great job maximizing the view planes while respecting homeowner privacy.
Sunset Ridge at Waikoloa – Landscape Model Home
Towne Island Homes has been building at Sunset Ridge since the late 90’s, Phases 1, 2, 3, 4, 6. Currently Phase 5 is underway, framing is going up. Phase 5’s perimeter lots have the premium, sweeping Kohala coastline views. From this vantage you have a complete 180 degree landscape looking south to Kailua-Kona and north to Kawaihae. With 460 open acres separating you from the main highway, there’s a massive sky, sea, land view that is hard not fall in love with.
Sunset Ridge at Waikoloa Advantages
- Newer, quality construction
- Low $50/monthly association fees, special rates at the golf courses
- Serene location and relatively maintenance-free landscaping
- Mix of full time residents and part time Hawaii owner occupants
- The Association’s restrictive covenants that protect your investment
- Easy access to Waikoloa Beachside, Mauna Lani, and Waimea
- 9 foot ceilings
- Floor plans range from 1,572 to 1,721 sq.ft.
- Customizable features include floor coverings, cabinets, and counters
- Open floor plans that integrate the dining area, kitchen, and living room
Food for Thought
- It can get windy in Waikoloa Village. Particular streets are less windy than others, based on the topography and slope of the hill you’re on. This can even vary from home to home.
- The list price for the construction and lot does not include landscaping and irrigation. Buyers, depending on their selection and aesthetics, can budget anywhere from $10,000 and up to get their yard areas in.
- If you don’t want to wait for your home to be built, there are existing homes/active listings in Sunset Ridge to choose from.