What a beautiful spot to call home! Olowalu Mauka Subdivision is a fairly new development on West Maui that is not yet completely built out. There are only 14 lots ranging in size from 1 to 6 acres. All of the lots enjoy magnificent panoramic ocean views, as well as West Maui Mountain views.
Luawai Street is the main road through here, with an additional cul-de-sac called Kalai Place. Some lots have been CPR’d into smaller lots, with building restrictions. I can explain this further if you are not familiar with the concept.
295 Luawai St, Olowalu (MLS# 361785)
Agricultural zoning allows for two homes per lot. The main house can be of any size, and the second dwelling is limited to 1,000 ft². Various outbuildings such as a garage, a barn, an art studio may also be permitted. A farm plan will be required when applying for a building permit. Raising of livestock and agricultural crops is allowed and encouraged. What a great place to keep a couple of horses.
Olowalu Mauka Subdivision has CC&R’s and design guidelines to ensure a quality neighborhood with a consistent look. The existing homes reflect this desire, and recent sales are priced well over $1M.
- Historic Lahaina town is about 10 minutes away
- Olowalu Juice Stand and farmers’ market is just minutes away on the Honoapiilani Highway
- Olowalu Beach is also just minutes away
Here are the facts on recent home sales at Olowalu Mauka:
- 267 Luawai St. sold for $1,425,000 in January 2014. It was a 1,000 sqft 2 bed/2 bath home on 3.2 acres
- 40 Kalai Pl. sold for $1,175,000 in July 2013. It was a 1,000 sqft 2 bed/1 bath home with a pool, on 1.2 CPR’d acres
Vacant land sales going back a few years:
- *0 Luawai St. sold for $870,000 in February 2013. It’s 5.28 acres.
- *0 Luawai St. sold for $1,050,000 in December of 2012. 6.26 acres.
- 255 Luawai St. sold for $575,000 in April of 2012. 3 acres of a CPR’d lot.
*The use of a 0 for a house # indicates the default when no number is assigned yet, or unknown.
So What’s For Sale Now at Olowalu Mauka?
- 2 Residential Properties – both of them on CPR’d lots with the 1,000 sqft cottage option built. Not eligible for another dwelling.
- 80 Kalai Pl. is asking $1,395,000 for a 2 bed/2 bath with detached garage on 1.6 acres.
- 255B Luawai St. is being offered for $1,500,000 for a 2 bed/2 bath home with pool on 0.73 acres
- Vacant Land – 4 CPR’d “units” priced from $644,000 – $875,000. Only one dwelling allowed on each parcel.
- Vacant Land – 2 full size lots, $1,150,000 and $1,195,000. Eligible to build 2 dwellings.
Would You Like to Keep an Eye on this Subdivision?
Just let me know, and I can keep you abreast of sales and new listings in the neighborhood.
Georgie Hunter, R(S), e-Pro
800 667-5028 ex 8241
Direct: 808 283-0635