The real estate market and South swells have been active this quarter in Puamana 2020 although the island is still shut down to tourism.
These are unpredictable times. Especially in the real estate world. We have 12 listings and 6 sales in Puamana in the 2nd quarter of 2020 with an average of 109 days on market until sale… The Coronavirus has slowed down sales but prices haven’t dropped. It seems like everyone wants to be in a private, gated community these days and Puamana — and Maui — are enticing.
As visitors are still required to quarantine and the opening the island has been pushed back to September 1st, we have had quite a few people making sight-unseen offers and purchasing a property long distance. Also as lenders tighten up on requirements for jumbo loans, more property purchases have been cash since March 2020. As Hawaii Life has always been a technology-forward firm, we can assist you with any real estate needs if you are not on Maui using mobile notaries for important items, electronic signatures, FaceTime visits and virtual tours. See: Hawaii Life COVID-19 Resources
Following my Puamana First Quarter Update 2020:
There are currently 12 properties for sale in Puamana with a median price of $1,096,500 at the time this was published. My report last year at this time showed only 5 properties for sale.
Current listings from high to low:
- 136 Pualei Drive 3 & 4 the double oceanfront, 3 bedrooms, 4 bath, 2,400 square ft property listed at $5,498,000. 400 sq ft front lanai. 4 parking spots. This is two condos in one with each half assessed at over $3M. Click here for detailed information on the Double Puamana
- 58 Pualoke Place #1 is an oceanfront townhouse on the private, Lahaina side of the resort. Fully remodeled with 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths, plus an office space. 1,510 square feet plus a 200+ square foot lanai situated to enjoy whale watching, sunsets, and surfers. Priced at $3,150,000,. Puamana 58-1 details here. Read more about Puamana 58-1 here.
- 20-3 Puailima is a 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath with views of the ocean pool, 1,591 sqft, listed at $1,910,000.
- 20-1 Puailima Place a 3 bedroom remodeled townhome near the clubhouse just listed at $1,880,000. Second best to direct oceanfront! For the blog on Puamana 20-1, click here. For the virtual tour of Puamana 20-1, click here.
- 55-4 Puapake place is a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath 1,500 sq ft townhouse on the mauka pool listed at $1,799,000.
- 139 Pualei #1 is a 1 bedroom, 2 bath, with a loft, 1,028 sqft listed at $1,195,000.
- 21 Puapake is a 1 bedroom, 2 bath, near the mauka pool listed on 3/28/2020 for $998,000.
- 167-2 Pualei drive is a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhouse-style, 1,098 sqft, listed at $998,000.
- 23 -4 Pualei drive is a one bedroom with a loft, 992 square feet, just listed for $989,000.
- 5-1 Puakukui is a 1 bedroom, 2 bath, single level condo with ocean and clubhouse views, 642 sq ft, priced at $925,000. This condo is centrally located along the Kauaula Stream and provides both privacy and views.
- 35-1 Pualoke place is a new listing, a cozy one bedroom with a shady back lanai 782 square feet, on the quiet, Lahaina side of the property. More on this coastal living home.
- 71-3 Puapake is a private 1 bedroom, 2 bath, 642 sqft condo with large back garden, steps to the Mauka pool, listed at $795,000. More about Puamana 71-3
There were 5 sales in Puamana in the 2nd quarter, high to low:
- 272-1 Pualei drive, a 3 bedroom, 2 ½ bath oceanfront townhome, 1,780 square feet, just sold for $2,500,000. Oceanfront near the South end of the property by Puamana Park.
- 129-3 Pualei drive , a 3 bath, 1,560 square-foot garden-view townhome just sold for $1,825,000. Here is a blog I wrote about the sale of 129-3
- 205 Front Street #4 just sold for $1,80,000. This is a 1,720 sqft, 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath townhouse on the Lahaina side of the property, considered garden view.
- 8-1 Pualoke Place a 2 bedroom, 2 bath with garden views, 740 square feet, just sold for $900,000.
- 175-4 Pualoke Place a 1 bedroom, 2 bath, 800 sqft condo, garden setting, just sold for $835,000.
1 property pending in Puamana in mid-2020:
- 254 Pualei drive #2, an oceanfront, 3 bedroom, 2 ½ bath townhome, 1,640 square feet, is pending at $2,450,000.
For more information on Puamana, click here for The Puamana Guide
Try this new cool property search Hawaii Life has set up: Hawaii Life Client Services
Puamana Building Numbers: In my last blog, I asked why the Puamana buildings have such crazy numbers… the numbers go 225, 38, 46, 58… I got an answer from one original homeowner who purchased in 1969 who said the numbering system was done to frustrate the haoles! Any other theories welcome. There is a comment box at the end of this blog.
I am honored to say I now have 6 of the 12 active properties for sale in Puamana so If I can help with anything, call, text or email…
Anna Severson, Your Puamana Real Estate specialist, full-time resident and owner in Puamana for 16 years. A hui hou!