Maui Uplands/Upland Estates in Makawao – What’s Selling in These Neighborhoods?
Maui Uplands and Upland Estates are a couple of great neighborhoods in the upcountry town of Makawao, on Maui. They were developed in the 1980’s on former pineapple fields, on the sunnier south side of Makawao. Each lot is more or less a half acre, and Agricultural zoning allows for 2 dwellings. With about 275 separate home lots, these adjacent neighborhoods cover a lot of ground below Makawao Avenue.
The main house can be any size, and the cottage can be up to 700 sq.ft. of interior space. The CC&R’s are minimal and homeowners can pretty much build any style of house and not be bound by a lot of rules. This makes for a nice mix of homes and landscapes with each property being distinct from its neighbor.
Maui Uplands owners will have a small annual fee which allows them the use of a community pool and tennis court. Those in Upland Estates don’t have any annual dues or Homeowners Association. Otherwise these 2 neighborhoods are very similar and blend together well as they are not gated or separated by walls.
Maui residents really like this area with the extra large yards and meandering streets. Being situated between downtown Makawao and Pukalani town makes for convenient shopping choices. Haleakala Highway is nearby, which takes you quickly down to Kahului and Wailuku and other sea level destinations.
What’s Been Selling in Here in 2015?
- 80 Alapio Pl. sold for $480,000 on 2/6/15 – a 720 sq.ft. 2BD home built in 1985 with an all usable lot.
- 205 Ulana St. sold for $725,000 on 2/19/15 – the quickest sale here, a house and cottage with lots of fruit trees.
- 61 Ulana St. sold for $768,374 on 3/30/15 – the youngest home here, and bank owned. Had sold for $1.1M 10 years ago.
- 115 Kapuahi St. sold for $730,000 on 3/31/15 – large 4BD/4BA house and cottage with views. Another quick sale.
- 321 Kaomi Pl. sold for $630,000 on 4/20/15 – great views from this 3BD/3BA 2-story home in a quiet cul-de-sac.
- 159 Ulana St. sold for $695,000 on 5/12/15 – remodeled house and cottage with a new septic system.
- Average sale price = $671,395. Median sale price = $710,000.
- Days on Market ranged from 91 days to 319 days from listing to closing.
321 Kaomi Pl. Makawao, HI., 96768
What’s Under Contract to Sell?
- 1 property with only a house, priced at $575,000
- 2 properties with house and cottage are pending, priced at: $660,000 and $850,000
What’s Still Actively For Sale?
- 1 house and cottage listed for $899,000 – a 5BD/4BA home with garage and a 2BD cottage
- We need more homes to sell in Makawao – call me if you’re thinking about selling!
Komoda Store is a landmark in Makawao Town
Makawao, Maui is a wonderful place to call home. Is this the lifestyle you’re looking for? Search the Maui MLS for Makawao homes for sale, and contact me with your questions about buying or selling on Maui.
Georgie Hunter, R(S), e-Pro
800 667-5028 ex 8241
Direct: 808 283-0635