Ocean View Maui Meadows Half-Acre Property with Home & Cottage
There is a reason that properties at the top of Maui Meadows sell at a premium – the ocean views are often breathtaking. The massive ocean views from the large, wraparound lanai, living room, and kitchen of 831 Kumulani Drive (listed at $1,495,000) goes a step further: unlike many vistas, this one is untainted by power lines and is spectacular from both inside the split-level home and the deck.
Split-level Maui Meadows home (MLS# 353540)
With a spacious 2,753 square feet on more than a half acre, and an income-producing detached cottage in a private corner of the property, this Maui Meadows property offers its new owner plenty of options.
Currently, the main home is divided into two distinctive living spaces:
- A split level 2 bedroom/1.5 bath space of around 1,800 square feet that includes a full kitchen, expansive master bedroom with oversized bath, and massive walk-in closet
- A smaller guest bedroom
Windows address nearly the entire ocean-facing side of this space, and the views are incredible from inside, and from the deck.
The ocean view from the deck
A Jacuzzi is perched off the deck, which is partially covered and which meshes seamlessly with the interior space, creating a very private, open-air retreat of almost 1,000 square feet.
Additional Property Features
1. On the ground floor of the property, with an entrance purposely diverted from that of the space described above, a guest cottage adjoins the home, with one oversized bedroom. Spacious and tastefully furnished, this attached quarters creates a nice blend of privacy and proximity. The attached guest cottage could easily be incorporated into the primary living space by merely removing a span of sheet rock in a closet (hard to describe, but easy to explain on site.)
2. The detached cottage is income-producing and is located in a private corner of the property; it is currently occupied by a long term tenant.
3. The property is not a drive-by: in fact, it cannot be seen from the street, as it’s located off a long flag lot that provides access to only two properties. Unlike many streets in Maui Meadows, there is none of the drive-by traffic that affects many properties.
4. The grounds are tastefully designed and tended, with an impressive mix of fruit-bearing trees, raised vegetable gardens, and shady retreat.
Ask a Maui Meadows Neighborhood Expert
I’m a neighborhood expert; I currently have two Maui Meadows listings (also please see MLS# 354011, 745 Kupulau Dr., $1,695,000), and have another property there in escrow.