Plenty of homes are selling upcountry in Makawao and Pukalani, Maui. This region shares the zip code of 96768 and includes the area known as Olinda, which sits well above the town of Makawao. From January 1 to April 12, 2015 there were 25 closed residential sales. There is no recent activity in Haliimaile as far as listings or sales.
Here’s a synopsis of these recently closed transactions:
- Price range from $300,000 to $3,750,000. 23 of them were priced under $800,000
- $300,000 was for a 1/3 acre with a run-down small 1935 era 2BD/1BA home on a busy road
- $3,750,000 bought an impressive 24-acre estate with house and cottage high up in Olinda
- Average sale price was $707,054. Median sale price was $540,000
- 4 properties consisted of a house and cottage on the same lot
- Days on Market: ranged from 29 to 215. Average and median were 107 and 103
- 2 homes were bank owned/foreclosures, none were short sales
- 3 were residential condos but they were all detached stand-alone homes
- Total dollar volume was $17,676,359
Currently, there are 22 pending homes waiting to close in Makawao and Pukalani:
- Listing price ranges from $349,900 to $1,688,500. 19 of them are priced at $800,000 or less
- 3 are bank owned and none are short sales
321 Kaomi Pl., Makawao (MLS# 360911)
What’s Still For Sale in Makawao and Pukalani?
- 44 listings priced from $339,900 to $2,825,000. 24 of them are priced under $800,000
- 18 listings come with less than a 1/2 acre of land, 18 others come with 2 acres or more
- 14 properties have a house and a detached cottage on the same lot
250 Ulana St. Makawao, (MLS# 364040)
What Kind of Upcountry Home Are You Looking For?
You can start your online Maui home search here and contact me with your questions.
Georgie Hunter, R(S), e-Pro
800 667-5028 ex 8241
Direct: 808 283-0635