Lahaina Town Scores Highest Sales, Kaanapali Driving Market
As it is my commitment to keeping the local community informed, I am pleased to share with you the most recent West Maui home, land, and condo sales reports for your review — covering Kaanapali, Kapalua, Lahaina, and Launiupoko. You’ll find real estate sales volume, days on market, list versus sold price, price per square foot, and more.
October 2018 brings a late season South Swell to Lahaina. Chris Cabrera evening glass off at Breakwall. Photo: Dan Comite
West Maui October Headlines
- Lahaina Town has the highest home and condo sales of the month
- 56 total sales transactions
- 67 new listings came on the market (483 total)
- The highest home sale was $4.69M (Lahaina Front St), the lowest was $998K (Kahana Ridge)
- The highest condo sale was $3.4M (Lahaina Puamana), the lowest was $280K (Royal Kahana)
October Average Home Sale Prices
- Kaanapali – $1.45M (2)
- Kapalua – No sales
- Lahaina – $4.69M (1)
- Launiupoko – No Sales
- Honoko/Kahana/Napili- $1.04M (2)
October Average Land Sale Prices
- Kaanapali – $700K (1)
October Average Condo Sale Prices
- Kaanapali – $787K (16)
- Kapalua – $955K (1)
- Lahaina – $821K (11)
- Honoko/Kahana/Napili – $488K (22)
Through 10 Months 2018 versus 2017
- 2018 West Maui volume is up 9% from 2017, but losing steam (last month 13%)
- Condo sales up 15%, homes down -5%, and land down -33%
- Kaanapali Homes Sales Up 63% while Launiupoko is down 42%. Another high note, Kapalua Home Sales are up 33%
- Kaanapali Condo Sales leading the way with 31 % of the entire market (up 51%)
- Absorption Rate = The rate at which homes are sold in a specific market over a specific time. This figure shows how long it will take to exhaust the inventory supply.
- West Maui home, land, and condo inventory combined AR – 8.41 months
- Condo AR – 6.53 months
- Home AR – 9.85 months
Want to Know More?
If you are in the market for buying or selling West Maui real estate or have any questions about the area or the market in general, please feel free to contact me. I welcome the opportunity to give you information on my previous sales performance and marketing strategies. Or if you’re curious about what your property is worth in today’s market, it would be my pleasure to provide you with property information and a value assessment free of any sales pitch.