Hawaii Life has always embraced community involvement and charitable giving, intent on keeping money earned in Hawaii at home. For years the Real Good program offered a way for clients to designate a charity to receive a portion of our business proceeds. As our company has grown, however, the variety of activities and organizations we would be honored to support has also grown. We also see the need to increase the opportunities for our brokers, agents, clients, and customers to contribute conveniently. Our mission statement is…
To answer this need for flexibility, responsiveness, and innovative giving, the Hawaii Life Charitable Fund (HLCF) was created. Agents, clients, and the general public can give to the fund simply by following the DONATE link at give.hawaiilife.com. Agents and clients can also direct money into the fund at the close of escrow. Our goal for 2015 is to have every agent with a closed transaction direct a donation to the fund, and to offer the opportunity to our clients to do so, as well.
Our Mission Statement
Working to preserve Hawaii’s beauty and culture by supporting its people.”
To assess grant recipient eligibility and manage the fund, the Board of Directors has partnered with the Hawaii Community Foundation, the best resource to ensure the dollars we raise are directed with the most care and effect. HLCF’s Board of Directors is made up of volunteer members, including Hawaii Life founders Matt Beall, principal broker and CEO, and Winston Welborn, Hawaii Life’s Chief Design Officer. The Board is composed of members from Oahu, Kauai, Hawaii Island and Maui. Members are elected by the body of agents on their island and each serves a two-year term.
How to Give
- Giving is easy. Donations can be made at give.hawaiilife.com anytime, for any amount.
- The entire donation amount is tax deductible.
- Donations made at the close of escrow can be as small as $100, and as large as you’re able to give.
- Donations are “off the top,” or before commissions are divided, so Hawaii Life contributes a portion of the donation.
- Donations can also be made by check, made payable to the Hawaii Community Foundation. Please write Hawaii Life Charitable Fund in the memo line. Checks must be mailed to: Hawaii Community Foundation, 827 Fort Street Mall; Honolulu, HI 96813-4317