What Distinguishes Kohala By The Sea From Neighboring Communities?
Kohala by the Sea residents are active in the community, and for 12 years, Kohala by the Sea has earned national recognition as part of the Firewise Communities program for their efforts to reduce their risk to wildfire. Kohala by the Sea is one of only 33 communities in the entire nation that has maintained this status for more than a decade, and their efforts have garnered accolades and awards from the governor, mayor, county council, and national organizations.
Located just a few miles North of Kohala Coast resorts and Kawaihae with its restaurants, white sand beaches, and harbor, Kohala by the Sea hugs the coastline on the mauka (mountain) side of Akoni Pule Highway. With just 73 house lots in this gated community, neighbors know each other and there is a real sense of pride. This distinguished neighborhood was thoughtfully designed so that nearly every home has incredible ocean views.
Such is the case with this newly listed home at 59-209 Laninui Drive. Sitting on 1.32 acres, the ocean views are spectacular from this custom built home – and I mean spectacular! To sit on the lanai in the afternoon and watch the whales swim and play in the ocean during the winter is wonderful. The daily sunsets are stunning!
59-209 Laninui Drive (MLS# 293842)
It Is All In The Details
The little things are what you will appreciate the most about this large 4 bed, 3.5 bath home. From the exotic hand stressed hardwood floors to the cupola ceiling in the great room, you can see the meticulous attention to detail that went into designing every space in this beautiful and spacious home, including:
- UV windows throughout
- central vac with sweep away dirt portals
- photovoltaic solar electric system, paid in full
- built-in surround sound speakers in living room
- recessed lighting for your favorite artwork
- separate office/craft room off the garage with its own entrance
- outdoor BBQ area with tiki torches has plumbed propane for hassle free, year-round, outdoor ocean view entertaining
3,124 square feet of living space
Single Level and Spacious
Because it is single level, the spaces flow together seamlessly, and with 3,124 square feet of living space, there is plenty of room for entertaining. The large kitchen is a chef’s dream with granite countertops, stainless appliances, gas range, and three sinks. From the kitchen it is easy to entertain friends and hold conversations whether they are at the large island, in the dining room, great room, or even out on the large, covered lanai. Given its many extra upgrades and finishes, as well as the excellent condition of the home, this beautiful property is a great value at $1.425 million.
Built in 2006 on 1.32 acres, original owner
Is Kohala By The Sea For You?
Additional things to consider when deciding if Kohala By The Sea is for you may include elevation, privacy, view planes, lot sizes, and CCRs and design guidelines.
- Elevation ranges from 200-500′ above sea level
- Lot sizes are all in the 1 acre range
- Each lot has a specified building envelope to help protect view planes and consider privacy
- CCRs and a design review process are in place to help maintain lifestyle and value; for example, short term vacation rentals are prohibited
Julie Keller, RB