The Wailua Homesteads neighborhood in south Kapaa is popular for good reason. The iconic Sleeping Giant is readily accessible for hiking, and paddlesports and boating on the Wailua River are within easy reach. Wailua Beach is just minutes away. There is even a quaint country store for convenience and a neighborhood park with tennis courts, soccer fields, dog park, baseball fields, and a play structure. Major shopping in Lihue is a 10-15 minute drive, Kapaa town with its quaint boutiques and restaurants is less than 10 minutes, and you can reach both the north and south shores of Kauai within 45 minutes. It is centrally located on the island of Kauai.
Overlooking Wailua from the top of Sleeping Giant Trail.
The climate and rain patterns in Wailua make it an ideal place to live and grow pretty much anything you want. There is a mix of established neighborhoods and larger, agricultural parcels. Nearby you’ll find a number of hiking trails, a Hindu Monastery and even a local chocolatier, Lydgate Farms, growing fine cacao, cultivating divine honey, and offering tasting tours to the public, surrounding Wailua.
Living is easy is Wailua.
Living in Wailua is even easier when you are in the right home. We have a new listing in the Wailua Homesteads neighborhood that is worth looking at. Immaculate care and maintenance shine throughout this home on Kauai.
Here are just some of best features of this single-wall redwood cedar island-style home:
- Newly installed roof with light-colored CertainTeed Pro streak/algae-resistant shingles, rated highly for energy efficiency.
- Well-appointed kitchen with slab granite, Jenn-air cooktop, Italian hood, and French-door style refrigerator.
- Flowing open-concept floor plan with floor-to-ceiling windows in the living room allow lots of light and frame the view of foliage surrounding the property.
- Large carport with locking bamboo gates, built-in storage and access to home and bonus space.
- 300 square foot bonus/flexible space for storage, office, art or anything you’d like.
- Mature foliage and fruit-trees, including lychee, avocado, mountain apple, papaya, kaffir lime, and mandarin plus a variety of palms, bamboo, mock orange, heliconia, blue, pink, red, and shampoo ginger, gardenia, and a plumeria tree bedecked with an array of orchids.
With a back-door entry from the carport, laundry hidden by doors and an open flowing floor plan, functionality is maximized at this home.
Find out more about this house by visiting WailuaLife.com.
CJ Halladay and Charlene Sapola, of the CJ Halladay Group, both call Wailua home. They say it is super-convenient to everything, gorgeous to drive around on a daily basis and a good choice for many families who want to enjoy the laid-back pace of Kauai.
Aloha from the CJ Halladay Group!