The Gold Coast in Honolulu has a lot to offer. Beyond Waikiki at the base of Diamond Head, the Gold Coast is a unique line of oceanfront buildings across from Kapiolani Park. There’s a good mix of condos, co-ops, and hotels. I’ve currently got two condo listings that are priced to sell and here is why:
Deal #1: Castle Surf #23
Castle Surf #23 (MLS# 201510291) is a 1 bed, 1 bath w/ 1 parking priced at $750,000
- The last two 1 bed sales in building (last year) were $759,000 and $855,000
- The Seller had an appraisal done a few months ago that came in at $795,000
- Includes 1 covered parking stall and a storage locker
- Sales of 1 bed condos on the Gold Coast w/ parking have ranged from $1,010,000 to $1,825,000 in the past 6 mo.
- Low maintenance fees of $501/mo. include water, sewer, electricity, and basic cable
- Completely remodeled in 2009 and ready to move in to
Castle Surf #23 was completely remodeled in 2009
- Travertine flooring throughout
- Stainless steel appliances
- Front load Miele washer and dryer in unit
- Hardwood cabinets and fossilized high-end countertops
Deal #2: 2987 Kalakaua Ave. #203
2987 Kalakaua #203 (MLS# 201512145) is a 1 bed, 1 bath w/ no parking for $575,000
- The last two 1 bedroom sales were $1,010,000 (ocean view w/ parking) and $485,000 (no view, no parking)
- Competition in the building is a studio w/ no parking priced at $1,573/sq. ft. We’re priced at $887/sq. ft.
- Corridor ocean view from bedroom
- Low maintenance fees of only $384/mo.
Corridor ocean view, open floor plan, and tiled throughout
Bargain Price: Price/Square Foot
Considering much of the new construction going up in Kakaako is starting around $1,000/sq. ft. and up, and several blocks to walk to a crowded Ala Moana Beach Park, these two listings are bargains. Both units are the 3rd unit in their building off the ocean. You can walk out a private gate to the Pacific Ocean on one side and Kapiolani Park on the other. The Castle Surf unit is priced at $939/sq. ft. (with parking) and the 2987 Kalakaua at $887/sq. ft (no parking). This is about as good as it gets!
To learn about these two offerings on the Gold Coast, feel free to contact me for more information.