Taste of Hawaii is Kauai’s Ultimate Sunday Brunch™ which provides the primary source of fundraising for the Rotary Club of Kapa’a’s (RCK) annual operating budget.
RCK started Taste of Hawaii in 1988, as the first event of its kind in Hawaii, and it has grown into the premier culinary event on Kauai and in Hawaii. The finest Chefs from around the state gather to provide our guests with a tasting extravaganza second to none.
Taste of Hawaii is:
- 40+ chefs from restaurants around Hawaii
- 15+ beverage vendors – wine, beer, microbrews, Jamba Juice, Starbucks
- 10+ musical and entertainment groups
- A large silent auction
- Smith’s™ Tropical Paradise stunning 30 acre private park
- Parking and shuttle service to/from Smith’s™
Taste of Hawaii Raises Funds For:
- Scholarship programs for college-bound high school students
- Scholarships for vocational studies for community college students
- Recognition of Outstanding Humanitarian Vocational Contributions
Community projects that give financial support directly other non-profits or community organization that provide or support:
- Youth programs (e.g. holiday gifts for children, baby supplies for young mothers)
- Programs for the homeless and hungry (e.g. donated funds to Hale Hoomalu, Kauai Food Bank)
- Local town refurbishing projects (e.g. refurbish/paint local park facilities, picnic tables, pavilions)
Youth services including:
- Kapaa High School Interact Club
- Kauai Community College Roteract Club
- Sponsorship to Rotary Youth Leadership Association Camp
- Recruitment and selection of Hawaii Rotary Youth Foundation Scholarship Recipients
If you are on Kauai for this years event, Sunday, June 3rd, by all means you’ve got to go. You can purchase tickets online or by them at ticket locations around the island. You can certainly call me if you have any questions at all, 808.346.7095.