Spotlight on Zack Diener – Surfer, Family Guy, “Cream of the Crop”
This spotlight series features some of the loan experts at Element Mortgage, our preferred lender.
Zack Diener joined Element Mortgage as Branch Manager in February 2018. He is responsible for Element’s strategic partnership with Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers. Zack previously held positions at NetLending, Paramount Equity Mortgage, Mann Mortgage, LLC, Bank of America Home Loans, and Countrywide Home Loans. In these roles, he built a loyal following of clients and business partners.
Zack is a 14-year veteran of the mortgage business with extensive knowledge in the Hawaii real estate market. He has been recognized as “The Cream of the Crop” in Honolulu Magazine’s ‘Best in Real Estate: Mortgage Professionals’ for 2013 and 2014. Zack has written numerous real estate and mortgage-related articles that have been featured in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
Focused primarily on residential lending and strategic partnerships with leading real estate and development companies, Zack has earned a reputation as a valuable partner who puts a high priority on integrity and the needs of his clients and partners. Zack specializes in purchasing and refinancing loans, which include conventional, VA, FHA, USDA, jumbo and super jumbo loans. In his free time, Zack spends as much time as he can with his wife and three kids. He really enjoys surfing, camping, hiking, diving and writing about himself in the third person. 😉
Zack’s Local Recommendations:
Whether you are new to Oahu or just visiting, there are tons of great places to visit and things to do. Here are a few of my recommendations…
1. Try something new! Oahu is known for its eclectic food scene. No matter what kind of food you’re into, Oahu has it all.
2. Learn to surf! There is no better way to start or end the day than on the water. Start with a lesson in Waikiki, then when you’re ready, check out Diamond Head or Ala Moana for some great surf and scenery. If you’re ready to surf with the pros, head up to the North Shore for its world-class surf.
3. Get out of town! Waikiki is a special place and the most widely known part of Oahu among tourists, but Oahu has so much more to offer. Check out the big surf on the North Shore. Swim with dolphins on the Westside or the serene beaches in Waimanalo and Kailua.
4. Go for a hike! If you are staying in Honolulu, Mānoa Falls is a relatively easy and rewarding hike. If you are up for an adventure check out Ka‘au Crater…be forewarned, this one’s not for kids or the faint of heart!
5. Soak in the aloha spirit! Hawaii is known for its hospitality and warmth. Slow down, be kind and go with the flow!