Looking for a Maui property that offers ultimate value? Consider Royal Kahana as these beachfront Maui condos for sale offer short term cash returns and a high potential for future appreciation.
Royal Kahana is located on Maui’s pristine upper northwest shoreline. The complex sits on a 1/2 mile long white sand beach known as Pohaku Beach Park, or S-turns by the locals. On most days, the water is pristine and is quite enjoyable for swimming, kayaking, snorkeling, and stand-up paddling.
When there are some ocean swells in effect, the surf is pretty awesome hereâ€”there are multiple surfing peaks that cater to different levels of experience. This is one of my very favorite places to enjoy the water and beachâ€”just the other day I surfed on my stand-up board in the morning then went back in the afternoon to play paddle ball with my fiance and enjoy the sunset.
Royal Kahana is a fee simple complex (all except a few units) and is located at 4365 Lower Honoapiilani Road in Kahana, Maui which is about 15 minutes from Lahaina town. The complex has fantastic views of the ocean and the outer islands (Lanai to the South and Molokai to the North). From November to April, thereâ€™s no better place on the coast to view humpback whales breaching offshore.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Locationâ€”Royal Kahana sits on 3.5 acres of beachfront property on a protected little enclave between Ka’anapali and Kapalua. There is shopping/dining right across the street at the Kahana Gateway Shopping Center. My favorite is Maui Brewing Company which serves good, reasonably priced food and a myriad of local brewsâ€”The Red Ale and Hot Chipotle Lager are my personal recommendations. World-class golfing is available 5 minutes to the North at Kapalua and 5 minutes to the South in Ka’anapali.
- This property is zoned for short term vacation rentalsâ€”Outrigger handles the in-house booking, maintenance, and cleaning for the units that are in their rental pool. There are distinct advantages to being in the Outrigger rental pool, but it is not a requirement. I am here for questions to explain this in further detail.
- Amenities include: a heated pool, sauna, BBQ areas, activities desk, high-speed internet, 2 tennis courts, cabanas, and an exercise room.
- The building is constructed of solid concrete, is 12 stories high, and does have 3 elevators.
- There is central A/C and no pets are allowed.
- Building breakdownâ€”There areÂ 96 studio units (431 sq. ft.),Â 94 1bed/1bath (777 sq. ft.),Â 26 2bed/2bath (1,141 sq. ft.), and 22Â 2bed/2.5 bath (1,287 sq. ft.) Most of the units come with covered lanai areas of varying sizes based on the unit type.
- Maintenance fees range from $419 (studios)â€”$1,213 (2.5bed/2 bath) per month. This includes: the maintenance and insurance of the building itself, and the common elements, refuse collection, basic cable TV, water, and electricity.
My father and business partner, Tracy, who has been a broker here on Maui for over 32 years and is the current Maui Broker in Charge of Hawaii Life, and I both feel that the best values in the market right now are oceanfront and preferably beachfront condos that are zoned for vacation rentals.
Why? Itâ€™s very simpleâ€”we are not developing any more oceanfront condos on Maui and probably will not be for quite some time. There is an ever increasing demand for this type of real estate and the supply will likely not be increasing = longer term appreciation.
Here is a gallery of all the active Royal Kahana condos for sale right now. On another note, I should have a listing of a foreclosed/REO/bank owned studio unit coming up in the next month that will be a great deal. Best to express your interest to me now before it hits the market.
Here are the sales in Royal Kahana since January of last year.
Realizing the value here? Best to take advantage of theseÂ historicallyÂ low interest rates, and get in the market before the conch shells start to blow and the sun sets on these great deals. I am here to help you make it happen.