Should I list my home for sale or continue to market my home during the Christmas season? This is a very common question that Sellers pose around this time of year. The answer really depends on your particular situation, but weigh the pros and cons before you decide.
- If you need to sell because you’re on a time constraint, then do it! The Buyers that are looking now are serious…there are very few looky-loos at Christmas. In the past 4 years, an average of 400-500 sales in Hawaii resulted from a December escrow.
- Think of showings as a means to keep your home beautiful during the season, or time so you can get your necessary shopping done.
- If you get an accepted offer now, wouldn’t this be the best way to bring in the New Year?
- Yes, it’s Bah Humbug! It’s a hassle to get your property ready for showings, let alone open houses.
- You may be hosting out-of-town guests or a Christmas party, and it’s an inconvenient time to talk real estate.
- Buyers may low-ball you with their offers because they assume there’s not much competition.
Deciding Your Best Plan of Action
For some Sellers the answer is easy. If they are motivated to sell sooner than later, then they’ll make the necessary accommodations; however, for others who are only thinking of selling, you may want to wait until just after the New Year. If you can wait, there will be much more activity after the first week in January when schedules get back to normal.
Either way, communicate with your Realtor in early December to decide your best plan of action. Contact me if you want to discuss your specific situation’s pros and cons…and have a memorable Holiday Season!