Is Professional Home Staging Essential for Oahu Sellers? Only if You Want to Sell Your Home Faster and for More Money.
The benefits of professional home staging are well-documented in both statistical and anecdotal evidence. Based on a survey of Realtors done by the Real Estate Staging Association, 94% of Realtors said fully staged homes sell faster and for more money.
Home staging is a time consuming process that needs to be done well to produce the intended results. That is why it takes a true professional with access to the right furniture and accessories to do it properly.
Before home staging…
After home staging.
While home staging has not been popular for long, it has become almost necessary in the current Oahu real estate environment. HGTV has a show called “Designed to Sell” that shows the tremendous advantage a professionally staged home has over a non-staged property and might be worth watching to see the process.
Buyers in today’s market are discriminating and Sellers should make the best impression possible, or take a chance of losing the few Buyers that are available.
Benefits of Home Staging
- Staging allows the visual appeal of the home to be readily apparent to the buyer.
- Professionally Staged homes result in much better photos and when viewed on the Internet, the staged home always makes the Buyers Must See List.
- The seller gets a quicker sale at a better price than without staging.
- Buyers will spend more time in a home that is comfortable to be in, allowing them time to “connect” with the home.
- The staging process allows a home to get mostly “packed up” and readied for moving day.
- Staging uncovers the original architectural design and charm of a home by exposing and highlighting selling features, and downplaying any perceived negatives.
- Staging gets more potential buyers in the door because agents know that a staged home has a better chance of selling so it is shown more often.
- Staging takes some of the stress out of selling a house because no one has to worry about the “unknowns”.
- Staging gives added Value to the home in the Buyers mind as the perception is that the home is well maintained and not in need of repairs.
- Staging saves the buyer time because many of the “little” repairs have been taken care of in the staging process….they can begin their new life in their new home without an extensive “honey do” list.
For a no cost consultation on how I can “Design Your Property To Sell,” and make it look like a “model home,” please call or email. To hear more about the value of home staging please listen to my radio show every Saturday at 4PM on AM Radio Channel 830, or go visit stageithawaii.com for a recording of my last show.