HAIKU, 2 acres and a home—4 days from list to contract…$554,400. Get a head start from all the other buyers…This property is the reason “why” you want to be on my buyer list for bank owned properties hitting the market!
161 Uakoko, Haiku, HI.—(MLS# 348345) 2 acres, 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms
If you are serious about purchasing property on Maui, you must take the appropriate steps to show the Universe that you are serious. Everybody is looking for a great deal and the buyer competition is fierce. Unless you have selected your Realtor (R), obtained your pre-approval letter, or proof of funds…you will not be ready when your dream home appears on the market.
The Uakoko property above is under contract to a very savvy buyer indeed; one who was ready with all documentation the day they viewed the property. Don’t get left in the dust scrambling to find your Realtor, a loan consultant, and all your documentation needed for pre-approval. Get ready now!
Below are the basic documents you need to gather for your loan consultant:
- Latest paycheck stubs covering most recent 30-days. In addition, wife’s (partner) if going to help qualify for the loan.
- COMPLETE Federal Tax Returns for 2009 and 2010.
- If self-employed, you will need 2009 and 2010 business tax returns, complete with all schedules and pages.
- If self-employed, you will need profit and loss statement through June 30, 2009 (latest month).
- Supporting W2’s for 2008 and 2009 if applicable, soon to be 2009 and 2010.
- Latest two months statements for all assets: checking, savings, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, IRA, 401K, etc.
- Permission to pull credit report.
Our offices are working upwards of 30 pre-foreclosures (properties not listed in the MLS) at any given time. To protect homeowners, or tenants currently still living in bank owned properties, and because of MLS rules, we are unable to give out addresses of our unlisted pre-foreclosures.
However, as bank owned properties are able to be listed on the MLS, and if you answer a few questions below, we can contact you first when a property of your dreams is about to be listed. Also, be sure to check out my previous blogs.
Please call or send me this information:
- Assets you desire in a property. (i.e. acreage with a house and cottage, condo, 3 bed/2 bath, swimming pool, vacation rental on the golf course, etc.)
- Pre-approval letter, or proof of cash. I would be happy to send you names of loan officers, so that you can be pre-approved and ready to make an offer.
- Preferred location (i.e. W. Maui, S. Maui, or an actual town such as Haiku, Wailuku, Kahului, Kapalua, Kihei, Wailea, or a zip code).
- Phone number, name, and email address.
Kathleen Wilson, SSCP – Short Sale Certified Professional – Five Star Institute, RECP – REO Certified Professional – Five Star Institute, and SFR – Short Sale Foreclosure Resource