Paia Maui HI 96779 – Residential Sales Update October 2017
Paia Maui HI 96779 — Everyone wants a piece of Maui’s little surfer town on the north shore. With lots of beaches, trendy shops and restaurants, and a casual fun vibe, you’ll understand, and soon be part of the crowd that wants to own a home in Paia. What can you expect in the residential real estate market—what’s it going to cost to be one of the cool kids in town?
What sold in Paia in the past 12 months:
- 24 residential listings priced from $500,000 to $16,000,000
- lowest price: 514 Pahika St, a 3BD/3BA home in Skill Village
- highest price: 600 Stable Rd, large 2BD/2.5BA beachfront home on 2.8 CPR acres
- average sale price was $2,311,204 and median sale price was $807,500
- Days on Market ranged from 44 to 1003, average DOM was 201, median DOM was 73
- 19 were single homes, 4 sales were house and detached ohana, 1 was house with attached ohana
- land size varied from 5,600 sq. ft. up to 2.8 acres
- 2 homes were CPR properties
- none were short sales or bank-owned homes
- 6 listings were oceanfront/beachfront, priced from $3,300,000 to $16,000,000
- 3 homes had swimming pools
- year built ranged from 1923 to 2008, with 12 homes from the ’80s and ’90s
- over half the purchases were with cash, especially the really high priced ones
Here’s a simple chart showing 3 years of sales activity by month…
There are no months that are better than others as this is a very strong market at any time of year.
And the following chart shows the median sale price mapped out over 3 years, by month…
As you can see, one extremely high oceanfront sale will kind of throw the numbers out of whack, but there’s no denying those sales, and they are increasing of late. The north shore oceanfront is where the windsurfers and kite boarders want to be, and if you can afford the high prices, then why not?
OK, so what’s for sale now in Paia, Spreckelsville, and Kuau:
- 17 total listings for sale: 12 Active and 5 Pending, priced from $485,000 to $7,900,000
- 6 listings are priced under $900,000 and 4 of those are Pending
- lowest price: a short sale 2BD/1.5BA home in Skill Village
- highest price: an oceanfront 4BD/5BA home that’s been on and off the market since 2005
- 12 are single homes, 4 are house and cottage, and 1 is house with attached ohana
- land size varies from 6,164 sq. ft. to over 1 acre
- 7 are oceanfront/beachfront and 1 of these is pending
- search the Maui MLS here for Paia real estate for sale
One of the newer listings is this 1.1 acre of oceanfront land with a couple of remodeled homes, pictured below.
Whether you’re a buyer for north shore real estate, or a homeowner looking to sell, I’m here to help so don’t be shy. Please contact me today and we’ll get the conversation started.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro, Hawai’i Life Real Estate Brokers
127 Hana Hwy. #G, Paia HI 96779
direct: 808 283-0635