Open Your Own Storefront on Oahu – Retail Space at The Mehana Development in Kapolei
If owning a retail space is a milestone you’d like to achieve, Kapolei, Hi, or more specifically, the Mehana development in Kapolei, may be the answer you are looking for.
Why The Mehana?
The Mehana is made up of 10 neighborhoods with home prices currently ranging from the mid $300,000’s to the low $700,000’s. The 10 Mehana neighborhoods in alphabetical order are: Awakea, Kahiku, Kawena, Kukuna, La Hiki (some non-HOA options), Manawa, Nanala, Olino, Pohakala, and Pulewa.
What’s unique about the development is the availability of both traditional single-level commercial spaces and “FLEX homes,” which allow an entrepreneurial homeowner to utilize the ground floor of the townhouse as either a home office, extended family suite, or retail space.
If you are interested in the more traditional storefronts (no attached residence), there are still some available ranging from 456 square feet – 540 square feet, and are priced from the low to high $300,000’s. Available parking varies by storefront option, overall they are limited.
Some of the existing businesses include:
- The Parlor Barbershop
- The Mehana Salon
- Kapolei Eye Care
- Pua Manu Med Spa
- Envy Eyes and Wax
- Thai Aroma Massage Therapy
- Laulima Physical Therapy
- Hawaiian Kine (seasonings and sauces)
- Keiki Dental
- more to come
Mehana community amenities include the new Hookele Elementary School, a swimming pool with community room and bbq’s, keiki playground, walking paths, a new tricycle path, the Pawsome dog park, and a new central public park with basketball court.
Outside the Mehana are multiple shopping areas (including the new Ka Makana Alii mall), new movie theaters, the Kroc Center, additional schools, public library, restaurants, multiple beach sites, Wet & Wild water park, and more to come – new development is constant.
As Mehana residents, we’ve enjoyed the proximity to the shopping areas, amenities, and the resident-initiated small business group, which just hosted its first #SmallBusinessSaturday event. Resident business owners are planning on continuing to host additional events throughout the year.
1. Flex home: Residential entrance is up the stairs to the left. Business/extended family suite front entrance is shown on ground floor just behind the Kahiku sign. There is an interior stairway connecting the two spaces as well.
2. There are 2 rows of these Manawa storefronts without a residence located above. They all share a wall with the next business.
Manawa storefronts without a residence located above
3. These first floor storefronts run the entire length of this building in the Awakea development. Residences are located above.
First floor storefronts in the Awakea development
4. Ground floor storefront option located in the Manawa development. This one will be the future location of Hawaiian Kine.
Ground floor storefront in the Manawa development
Additional Listings in the Mehana
1. Olino at Mehana, 3BD/2BA, $407,617, Built in 2015.
Olino at Mehana 1006 (MLS# 201626953)
2. Kukuna at Mehana, 3BD/2BA, $629,000, Built in 2013.
1101 Kukulu Street 8, Kapolei, (MLS# 201626602)