Ocean View Waimea Property with 2 Additional Legal Dwellings Gets $40K Price Reduction
I was having a chat down at the Puako office the other day and networking with Wailana Herbst, RS to let her know I recently reduced the price of my home in Waimea. The $40,000 price drop lowered the price down to $759,000, which is the currant median value of properties in the tax map key area 3-6-5 to 3-6-6 neighborhood.
65-1229 Puuki Pl. (MLS# 260568)
Why I Bought This Waimea Property
In 2009, the same property started on the market at $925,000. As a licensed agent at the time, I was showing the home to various buyers and fell in love with the view.
The home sits on almost half an acre at the top of Nob Hill and is very private
Eventually, the Seller dropped his price to $799,000, and since the home was on almost half an acre at the top of Nob Hill and was very private, it appealed to my desire to be in a less dense neighborhood and still have the convenience to the center of Kamuela town and its amenities.
In addition, there were many other factors that made us decide that this was the right home for us:
- The ocean and coastline views – so rare in residential properties in Waimea – really made us look forward to seeing the sun set off the front deck in the evenings
- The main house was cozy and non traditional, and really reminded us of staying in a cabin up in the Lake Tahoe area
- We really enjoyed the outdoors; this property has three different terraced areas for a front yard, main house, and then guest house
- The property has a lot of mature trees with many birds, a large owl, pheasants, and a variety of places to keep outdoor plants
View from the porch at sunset
The main house had many modifications done while we owned it:
- Downstairs Bathroom
- Laundry Room
- New Carpeting & Flooring
- Interior Painting
- Updated & Painted Large Outdoor Decks & Front Steps
- Solar Hot Water Tank & Heating System Installed
Additional Legal Dwellings
The guest house actually could be a Master Bedroom if you need a large space to reside in, however, we used it for our two sons as a bedroom (the teens relished having their own space). We had also used it as a small rental, as it is a perfectly efficient studio with a kitchenette and full sized bathroom. The cottage is above average in style and character, and also has a deck and view of the ocean.
The cottage with its own deck and view of the ocean
Nice Value in Waimea
Overall, the house is a nice value for a Buyer in that the location and lot size are above average and there are two legal dwellings on the property. Please contact me, Diane Chavez, RS, for a preview of this home.
Diane Chavez, RS