So, you’re ready to buy some property in Hawaii, and you’re working with a Hawaii Life agent – smart move.
Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers wants you to have a good experience and be aware of all the different scenarios that may arise. You, the Buyer, are represented by Hawaii Life and all their agents, not just the one you choose to work with. Hawaii Life also represents a good number of sellers, since we are a large and growing company here in the islands.
You’ll be presented with this notice once you’re ready to make an offer or two, so I am including it here for you to review. It’s pretty self explanatory, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Notice to Buyer Clients of Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers
The Buyer is hereby notified that Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers has multiple agents and offices in the State of Hawaii. To clarify the duties and obligations of the Broker, Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers, the Buyer is also aware of the following:
1. Due to its exposure in the real estate market, Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers may be representing other buyers who are interested in the same property as the Buyer. As a result, there may be occasions where multiple buyers represented by Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers are competing for the same property.
- If the Broker and your agent are aware that other buyers represented by our firm are
competing for the same property, then we will disclose that information to you.
- If both the Broker and your agent are not aware of another buyer represented by our firm
with interest in the same property, then disclosure is not required.
- We will never share confidential information about our clients’ offers with other buyers.
2. As our Buyer Client, you may make simultaneous offers to more than one seller without disclosing that fact to the sellers. However, if Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers is also representing the Seller, then we must disclose the presence of multiple offers.
3. The Realtors and Associates at Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers are only responsible for the knowledge they personally possess and are not responsible to be aware of everything known by all agents in the firm. As our Buyer Client, you are hereby made aware that other agents in the firm may submit offers on behalf of other buyers for the same property that you are interested in.
4. In the event that Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers is in a ‘Dual Agency’ situation where we are representing both the buyer and the seller in the same transaction, then the buyer is hereby notified of our fiduciary duty as agent of the Seller to continue to show the subject property to other buyers.
Buyer(s) acknowledge receipt and approval of this notice:
So there you have it. You, the Buyer, will be represented from start to finish, and you’ll have the whole company of Hawaii Life looking out for you. I like that we are up front about dual agency, and that all our clients can be assured of confidentiality throughout the process of searching for and acquiring a home. Your trust is very important to us.
Now that we’ve gotten this out of the way, let’s go look at some properties for sale!
If Maui is where you want to be, please tell me which part of the island is your favorite, what’s your ideal home or land going to be like, and what’s your budget? Together we can find it, get it in the shopping cart and through the check-out, and mark it SOLD!
Georgie Hunter, R(S), e-Pro
800 667-5028 ex 8241
Direct: 808 283-0635