Newly Constructed Kilauea Farms Property With Exquisite Attention To The Finest Points Of Luxury – Part 2: Exterior Features
Newly constructed homes for sale on Kauai are nearly all but nonexistent given the recent motion (or lack thereof) of the U.S. economy and its effects being felt here in Hawaii.
This newly built Kilauea Farms estate (MLS# 256306) offered as either a 5.25-acre or — co-joined with an adjacent 3-acre land parcel (MLS# 256795) — an 8.25 property is one of a rare few on the market. But all those interested must act quickly as this residence will go to the highest bidder at the estate’s auction on September 20th.
Following a previous blog about the interior features of this estate, let’s now journey outside and tour the exterior craftsmanship that was given to this 4 bed/5.2 bath cliffside retreat.
One lovely piece of tropical pie…
Views – Seascapes and Landscapes
The first item on most anybody’s list of interests, the views. Boasting expansive and unobstructed ocean, mountain, and valley views (protected by CPR covenants), this property offers the trifecta of visual pleasure from the property and its decks and balconies:
- Wintertime can be spent watching breaching whales, pods of dolphins, and massive waves be surfed by the most daring of ocean-enthusiasts.
- With Kauai’s reputation for the ‘occasional sprinkle’, gushing waterfalls are visible to entice inspiration, or simply plant a mental ‘ahhhhh’ in one’s mind.
- The calm summertime ocean offers a true perspective of the half-mile long reef resting beneath Kauai’s turquoise waters below.
- Year-round sights include ocean sunrises to the east, Kilauea-town sunsets to the west, green sea turtles, the property’s fruitful valley, the Kilauea Lighthouse and mystical Crater Hill, believed in some circles to be one of the high-energy vortexes of the universe — seriously.
A palette of blues and greens to contemplate…
One of Kauai's many peaks on display in the distance
Crater Hill's not actually ablaze, it’s just a fiery sun setting to the west
Pool, Spa, Koi Pond, and Water Gardens
The aquatically themed exterior hosts:
- A large salt-water pool fed by a custom Po’oka Lava Stone step waterfall and flanked on both sides by lily-laden fresh water gardens.
- A salt-water Spa with controls mounted within reach.
- A Koi pond that runs into a weeping Grotto wall with a tunnel also borders a portion of the house running next to covered lanais that provide for peaceful meditation.
The salt-water pool, with fresh-water gardens guarding its sides
One of many quaint lanais, with the lava-stone waterfall feeding the pool
Watch life float by as the Koi pond flows into a weeping Grotto wall
Oversized Barn with Solar Panels
The oversized barn with north side Porte Cochere parking and a boat port sits separate from the house and features:
- North side Porte Cochere parking
- Boat port on the south side
- Cedar siding “Board and Batten”
- Outdoor shower with Hans Grohe shower fixtures, Rain head and hand shower
- Solar Voltaic system on south roof providing solar power for the property
- Automatic oversized roll up garage door with remote control
An over-sized barn, a boat port and a friend welcoming you home…
The Photovoltaic System located on the barn, keeping the property in step with the sustainable motion of Kauai
General Exterior Features
When, or if, one wants a change from the distant vistas the property offers, here’s several sights that may temp the eyes from a closer range:
- Albatross nesting spot on surrounding properties afford the chance to witness these miraculous birds in action. If you’re lucky, you’ll get to the see the ‘selecting a mate’ dance.
- A quiet walkable valley trail leading to the beach below
- Mature banana trees and noni fruit
- Piped in Agriculture water (non-potable) with sub meter and required backflow preventer
- Covered IPE decks, Travertine stone lanais, breezeways and patios
- Grand sunny belvedere overlooking valley and ocean with travertine tiles from Turkey
Possibly the venue for an evening BBQ, or a luau…
Sometimes all one needs is a nice bench and a nicer view
Be sure to check out the auction site for this distinctive newly constructed home.