With its ethnic melting pot of rich history and tradition, Hawaii is a wonderful place to be on New Year’s Eve, especially Oahu. Cultural, musical, spiritual and just good old fun events await you.
2012 Oahu New Year’s Eve Events
Here are some of the events you can participate in:
1. Waikiki New Year’s Eve Fireworks Display – The fireworks show on Waikiki Beach usually has a radio simulcast of Hawaiian music and traditional New Year’s Eve music on radio station KCCN FM 100. For more information call: 808-923-1094.
- Where: Waikiki Beach (Beachfront)
- When: Dec. 31, 2012 at Midnight
- Cost: Free and open to public
2. Aloha Tower New Years Eve Block Party. – This massive event will feature 8 stages with over 50 plus performers of live music, live DJ’s, dance crews, street performers, lion dancers, mechanical bull foam machine, fireknife dancer, salsa, skateboard exhibit, fashion shows, magicians. Tickets recommended. Buy tickets from Ticketmaster. There will also be plenty of dining and drink specials at Aloha Tower leading up to the fireworks show.
- Where: Downtown Honolulu at Aloha Tower Marketplace and along the pier
- When: Monday, Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM
- Cost: Free and open to public, but ticket purchase is recommended
3. Modern Experience NYE 2013 “A Touch Of Red” – Taking place at the Modern Hotel Waikiki. DJ’s, live performers, dancing, VIP packages. Presented by Grey Goose Cherry Noir. Dress code will be enforced, $100 General Admission at the door, $150 VIP ticket at the door. 21 and over welcome.
- Where: The Modern Honolulu 1775 Ala Moana Blvd.
- When: Monday, Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:00pm
- Cost: $100 general admission at the door, $150 VIP ticket at the door