I never realized how popular Maui is with vacationers until I saw Maui consistently on food and lodging lists – and even topping them.
The most recent lists are:
This list is based on its annual reader’s survey. 80,000 readers filled out the survey to rank the world’s best properties. The hotels are rated on rooms, service, food, location, design and activities.
The Maui hotels are:
- Four Seasons Maui at Wailea
- Four Seasons Lana’i at Manele Bay
- The Lodge at Koele
- Honua Kai Resort & Spa
- Fairmont Kea Lani
- Wailea Beach Villas
Most of these are traditional resort/hotels, however, a couple of these are residential condominium units, which can be owned. I have set up a gallery of active listings in each of these resorts.
1. Honua Kai Resort Gallery of Homes for Sale – Currently, units are between $2,450,000 – $10,900,000.
2. Wailea Beach Villas Gallery of Homes for Sale – Currently, units are between $658,900 – $1,329,000.
2. OpenTable’s 2013 Diners’ Choice Award of the Top 100 Best Restaurants in America
The awards are based on opinions of more than 5 million restaurant reviews submitted by OpenTable diners for about 19,000 restaurants nationwide.
2. Another restaurant that I have ties with made the Top 100 List. Leis Family Class Act. It is one of Maui’s best-kept secrets. The restaurant is operated by chef instructors and students of University of Hawaii Maui Colleges’ Maui Culinary Academy.
I recently graduated from the program and worked the front and back end of the house. It is truly a special place to have a 5 course price fixed lunch for about $35. I’ve included a menu of their past semester as they have not started up the new semester.
The Valley Isle – A Popular Vacation Destination
Maui, with all its natural beauty, is not only a calm and peaceful place to vacation, we have many world class resorts and restaurants here as well.
For more information on Maui real estate, don’t hesitate to contact me.