Oceanfront and beachfront properties get all the glory when you’re searching in those glossy magazines like Homes & Land. Who can resist a romantic sunset sky backdrop beside the pool? It’s eye candy for most of us, and a reality for a select few. How many oceanfront homes are actually selling on Maui? Keeping in mind that Maui County includes the outer islands of Molokai and Lanai, here’s a breakdown of what’s been selling.
Residential Sales in Maui County in the Past 12 Months
- 16 closings ranging in price from $270,000 to $14,500,000 (3070 S. Kihei Rd.)
- Lowest price was a 6 bed home on a 1/4 acre in Wailuku, Maui, rocky beach
- Highest price was a 6 bed home on Keawakapu Beach in Kihei, Maui, 1/2 acre lot right on the sandy beach
- A total of 13 were on Maui, the most sales were in Kihei with 4, Molokai Island had 3 sales
- 7 homes were sold for under $1M, 5 more were priced below $5M, 3 more were sold under $10M
The view from 3070 S. Kihei Rd.
Oceanfront Vacant Land Sales in the Past 12 Months
- Only 5 sales, all on Maui, sold between $750,000 to $6,900,000
- 664 Huelo Rd. – 1 acre sold for $750,000 – a CPR’d lot high above the ocean
- 4970 Kahekili Hwy. – 42.75 acres sold for $1,600,000 – varied terrain
- 0 Hana Hwy. – 41 acres sold for $2,200,000 – oceanfront cliffs in Haiku
- 10 Kai Ala Dr. – 1.16 acres sold for $5,600,000 – beachfront level land
- 30 Kai Ala Dr. – 0.88 acres sold for $6,900,000 – beachfront, Kaanapali Beach
The view from 664 Huelo Rd., Haiku, Maui
Homes For Sale Right Now in Maui County
- 44 residential listings ranging in price from $795,000 to $23,950,000
- Lowest price is in Wailuku, Maui, for a house and cottage on a 5,782 sq.ft. lot, rocky shore
- Highest price is in Kapalua, Maui for a 4 bed/5.5 bath home on a 7,474 sq.ft. lot, sandy beach
- Molokai has the most oceanfront listings with 10 ranging from $888,000 to $2,999,000
- The average price of about $6M will buy you an oceanfront home in Paia or Kuau
- The median price of about $3.4M will buy you a home in Kihei or Haiku, Maui
- 2 are pending, one on Molokai and one in Kihei
- Paia/Kuau has the most properties with over a year on the market
22 Waa Place, Paia, Maui (MLS# 358255)
Oceanfront Vacant Land For Sale Now
- 44 land listings ranging in price from $384,500 to $35,000,000
- Lowest price is 1.3 acres on Molokai, sandy beach out front
- Highest price is in Hana, Maui, 460 acres which includes Hana Ranch
- Haiku, Maui has the most oceanfront listings with 22 ranging from $995,000 to $4,800,000
- 1 property in Haiku, Maui is pending, 10 acres near the famous Jaws surf break
- Almost half of them have been in the MLS for over a year, and sometimes over 2 years
- My favorite oceanfront 2 acres is completely off the grid!
North shore Maui coastline, Haiku, Maui, HI. (MLS# 362447)
Whether you’re searching for a home or vacant land on Maui, and it has to be oceanfront, you can find it easily. Watch a slide show or do a quick search, it’s just a click away.
When you’re ready to get serious about buying, contact a Maui Realtor who can help you secure that perfect property. Let me be your guide!
Georgie Hunter, R(S), e-Pro
800 667-5028 ex 8241
Direct: 808 283-0635