There is a brand new bank owned luxury home that was just listed in the Kahua Kai neighborhood of Ka’anapali Golf Estates. I have been wondering when this property was going to come to market for quite some time as a bank owned property and I am quite impressed with all that is offered for the price. Yesterday, my fiancé and I took a stroll down to this home as it is just down the road from our house in Ka’anapali Golf Estates.
Here is a video that I’d like to share:
23 Kahua Kai Place is a 3 bed/4 bath home of about 3,145 sq.ft. of interior living area with a 2 car garage, substantial outdoor covered living area, a one bedroom/one bath guest cottage of 600 sq.ft., on a 0.4 acre lot in Kahua Kai. The property has beautiful views of the ocean, the island of Lana’i to the South, and Moloka’i to the North.
About Kahua Kai
Kahua Kai means “the sea” in Hawaiian, and judging from the exceptional ocean vistas afforded at this neighborhood, the name is quite appropriate. Kahua Kai is nestled between the 9th fairway of Kaanapali South and the 7th fairway of the Kaanapali North on the Royal Kaanapali Golf Course, which was designed by the renowned Robert Trent Jones Sr. Kahua Kai is a 13 lot subdivision where lot sizes are approximately 18,000 sq. ft.
- This never lived in custom home features quality and high end finishes – stucco exterior, copper flashing and gutters, moonier tile roofing, gorgeous hardwood flooring, travertine, slate, granite, Subzero and Dacko appliances. There is ample covered outdoor living area to enjoy the beautiful Ka’anapali weather, and a large swimming pool to help cool down and enjoy the sunshine.
- This is one of the very few homes in Ka’anapali that has a legal detached guest cottage for guests or family to enjoy. The cottage is just as well built as the home itself. Very few properties in Ka’anapali are cottage eligible, so this is a real bonus.
- The lots in Kahua Kai are some of the largest in all of Ka’anapali and there are only a handful of homes here, so it feels very intimate. I would encourage you to check out my Ka’anapali Golf Estates Subdivision Guide to best understand how the neighborhoods differ from one another.
23 Kahua Kai Place is very aggressively priced at $2,095,000 and I feel that it represents excellent value at this price. The other 3 homes on the market in Kahua Kai are listed at $3.4M, $3.1M, and $2.95M respectively and I don’t feel that they have as much to offer as this property does. Check out my Kahua Kai Gallery for all listing details.
There have been couple of recent sales in Ka’anapali that I feel demonstrate the value of this property.
- (MLS# 347944) which was 104 Anapuni Loop a large Tuscan villa one-acre in Lanikeha just closed under $4 million. Read all about Lanikeha.
- (MLS# 350670) which was 360 Kului Way (and is the home right across from ours) just sold as part of a package deal with two other vacant lots and the subject property; in total it was a 4,500 sq.ft. home with 3 parcels totaling about an acre for just under $4 million.
- (MLS# 349634) which was 2765 Kolepa Place in the older neighborhood of Royal Ka’anapali Estates closed late last year for $2.35M on a similar sized lot and home.
It is my feeling that 23 Kahua Kai Place should sell fairly quickly at this price, so I would recommend that any interested buyers move quickly on this tremendous opportunity.
I have represented many buyers on bank owned/REO listings and am very familiar with the process as there are some marked differences between these and a “normal” sale. Living just up the street from this home makes it very easy to show on a short notice; I am here to do so and help to share with you why I love living in Ka’anapali Golf Estates so much. Aloha.
Jeremy Stice, R(S)