A while back I wrote a blog post about what distinguishes Kohala By The Sea from neighboring communities. This beautiful gated community nestled along the Kohala Coast has a lot to offer: huge ocean views, generous lot sizes, and a real sense of community among its residents.
Kohala by the Sea is just across the street from the blue Pacific
During a showing of one of my listings in Kohala By The Sea at 59-189 Laninui Drive (MLS #616881), I mentioned that the neighborhood’s Homeowners Association (HOA) had recently updated their Design Rules. In describing all the different benefits of living in this wonderful community, the potential homebuyer could see the value of an active homeowners association.
CCRs (Codes, Covenants, & Restrictions) & Property Value
I’d like to share with you some of the ways Kohala By The Sea HOA protects and enhances property values through their CCRS. The Kohala by the Sea HOA has given great care and consideration to a variety of subtle design rules pertaining to elevation, privacy, lot sizes, and view planes. Here are some of the ways that your real estate investment is protected through CCRs within Kohala By The Sea:
- Each of the 73 custom home sites in this community has a specific building envelope to help protect view planes and privacy. Every property was designed to take advantage of ocean views (and the Kohala Coast ocean views here are brilliant!)
- Building height limits further ensure your ocean views are protected and won’t be blocked by future construction.
- House lots are at least an acre in size. The design rules specify that home floor plans be single level, unless otherwise approved by the design committee, and no less than 2,000 square feet not including lanais and outdoor spaces. This means you have privacy, space, and don’t have to contend with stairs.
- By design, every home within Kohala by the Sea includes a two-car garage and two additional guest parking spaces are provided to each lot owner.
- Certain varieties of trees are not allowed and trees aren’t allowed to block neighbor’s views. Residents are encouraged to plant native Hawaiian plants that are suited to the local environment.
Enjoy Daily Sunsets at 59-189 Laninui Drive
Protected view planes and privacy! MLS#616881
Thoughtful Design Committee at Kohala by the Sea
When custom home sites first became available in Kohala by the Sea, they quickly sold out. Over the past decade or so, property owners have slowly been building on their home sites. Most of the home sales are now resales rather than custom home sites, but some vacant home sites are still available. If you plan to build your own home, you’ll have to submit your plans to the Kohala By The Sea Design Committee. You can review Kohala by the Sea’s Design Rules on the Kohala by the Sea community website.