As of opening of market today, there are 10 Kihei condo foreclosures listed. Here are my five favorites:
The Boardwalk is an intimate property at the north end of beachfront Halama Street. The bank recently dropped the price of Unit G, a ground floor 2-bedroom, from $214,900 to $189,900
If I know what I’m talking about, at least one or two of the properties that I mention here will be in escrow within a week after this is written. The bank may or may not be already considering offers.
1. Boardwalk D, $189,000 (MLS# 348123). The Boardwalk is an intimate, cool building no more than a hundred feet from the north end of Halama Street’s best beach access, making it a strong contender for the best 2-bedroom at under $200K. Unlike most 2-bedrooms in this price range, the Boardwalk doesn’t have the cookie-cutter feel of an apartment-styled project. Also, it’s on the beach side of Kihei Road. Bare on the amenities with no pool and no washers/dryers (there is a property laundry), but very big on personality and location. They allow pets (pending board approval) and maintenance fees ($405) are in line.
The Koa Resort features sprawling, low-density grounds, a great pool, and a good location across the street from North Kihei’s Sugar Beach
2. Koa Resort 3N, $270,900 (MLS# 348382). This property features sprawling, low-density grounds, one of the best pools in North Kihei, and is located right across the street from North Kihei’s Sugar Beach. The beaches here are not as appealing as those in South Kihei, but large groups on a budget love this property as a vacation rental. The maintenance fees ($746) are up there, but overall this is still a solid buy.
3. Kihei Alii Kai A-107, $215,000 (MLS# 348315).The building can feel a bit impersonal it’s just the way it’s set up, with a small courtyard surrounded by tiers on all sides, but any 1-bedroom vacation rental in South Kihei is a deal at $200K, period. The Kihei Alii Kai sits right across the street from Kamaole II Beach, making it an inexpensive vacation rental with a great South Kihei condo location.
The Royal Mauian (far right) is a landmark Kihei property with prime units selling in the $900K-$1M range.Less than 150 feet from the ocean and between two great beaches
4. Royal Mauian 119, $461,000 (MLS# 348846).A ground floor unit. But hey, it’s still the Mauiuan, one of the top vacation rental properties on the island oceanfront and right between two spectacular beaches, Kamaole I and Kamaole II. On one of the only South Kihei condo properties with consistent sales in the $900-$1,000,000 range, this is a phenomenal deal and a great property.
5. Southpointe 4-203, $114,900 (MLS# 348519).The entry-level Kihei property, Southpointe, isn’t glamorous, but it’s decent and any 2-bedroom on Maui at less than $120,000 is a deal. There are currently three units here from which to choose. No vacation rental.