Two questions we never tire of asking – what’s selling, and for how much?
Let’s look at residential sales in two spots – Princeville, and Kapaa/East side. We’ll use sales data from Oct 1 to Dec 19. Since we don’t have access to appraised values, we’ll use what we DO have, which is County assessed value. It’s not perfect, but it’s something.
- 5 sales
- sale prices from 453K to 868K
- average sale price was 79% of assessed value, with a high of 88% and a low of 60%
- 26 sales
- a low sales price of 157K and a high of 840K.
- 4 sales under 300K, 12 between 300K & 400K, and 4 between 400K & 500K.
- average sale price was 83% of assessed value, with a high of 105% and a low of 57%.
What have we learned from this data, then?
- most sales are still at the low-end of the price spectrum in any particular market.
- selling prices, for the most part, are currently around 80% of assessed value.
And finally, here’s the part where I make my appeal – Sellers, if you want your property to sell, please look at the above information and price your listing accordingly.