A strange thing happens over the holidays…and I’m not talking about a visit from a bearded man on a reindeer-pulled sleigh! 🙂
Over the holidays people around the US and on Kauai that need to sell their homes mostly do one of two things. First, they don’t put their home on the market for sale, thinking that they will wait and sell it after the holidays. Secondly, if their home is on the market for sale, they will withdraw their home from the market until “after the holidays.”
People do resist having their homes on the market during the holidays for several reasons:
- It’s inconvenient for the Sellers to have their home on the market during the holidays
- It isn’t fun to keep a home in “showing” condition during the holidays
- Sellers think no one really buys over the holidays
Take Advantage of the Holiday Season
If you are planning on selling your home on Kauai anytime soon, not having it on the market over the holidays is a big mistake! Here are some reasons why:
1. Lots of home sellers pull their homes off of the market or are delayed putting their homes on the market. This creates a smaller inventory, or less competition for your home sale! This also means that Buyers have fewer homes to choose from!
2. The supply of homes will increase dramatically after the holidays, so by waiting to sell your home you are creating less demand for your home.
3. Buyers are emotional during the holidays! Because of that, they are more likely to pay your price!
4. Some people have to buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
5. It’s simple supply and demand. Fewer homes on the market equals less competition for your home sale.
6. January is traditionally the month employees begin new jobs. Since transfers can’t wait until spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the holidays to capture the market!
7. If you’re planning on using your home over the holidays, you can always request that it not be shown at specific times or on specific days.
8. People who live on Kauai have more time off to look at your home during the holidays.
9. People who shop for homes over the holidays are serious buyers!
While the rest of the world might slow down during the holidays, on Kauai with our huge influx of visitors, it is one of the busiest times of the year! If you’re going to sell, take advantage of the holiday season!
Want to Know More?
With a lower inventory of homes for sale and a huge influx of people here to celebrate the holidays, now is a great time to get your home sold! Contact me for more information.