As part of my commitment to keeping the community informed about West Maui‘s, micro market real estate environment, I’m bringing you an up-to-date, comprehensive property market summary of Plantation Estates, Kapalua’s premiere, world class luxury, residential golf and resort community.
What You’ll Find
- Actual Sales Prices: learn exactly how much specific properties sold for
- Sales Volume: see the strength of the market in terms of how many properties sold
- Days on Market: understand how long it takes the average property to sell
- List Price vs. Sold Price: see how the final sales price compares to the listing price
- Price Per Square Foot: which is critical in calculating real estate values
- Asset % Growth: what is the yr over year appreciation if my property
- Current Inventory: what is actively for sale and currently under contract
Before we dig into the numbers, make sure you subscribe to my blog if you want to be notified of future market reports as they come available.
Kapalua Plantation Estates: 2019/2020 | Market Headlines
- While there has yet for any sales to happen in 2020 – Kaanapali Plantation Estates transacted on 3 properties in 2019, matching the 2018 total and on par historically with per/year averages.
- 2019’s average sales price of $4M – on the surface it appears property values have increased +29% year over year and +37% since 2017.
- However, as outlined below, the numbers are a bit sensationalized. The top selling property, 704 Mokulei Pl sold for $6M. While the other two, sold for under $3.25M and were located in KPE’s Honolua Ridge subdivision (higher elevation).
- The average days on market from time of listing to closing was 306 days (71 days longer than 2018).
- It’s a competitive landscape – Currently there are 9 actively listed KPE properties for sale ranging in price from $3M – $10M
- Takeaway – It shows that location in PE matters, and modern design and/or newly remodeled fantastic properties at KPE can still command top billing. The others that are dated or need work struggle, and sales are driven by price.
Plantation Estates: Historical Sales Summary (click on the images/links for interactive)
|Year||Avg List Price||Avg Sold Price||List Sell||Yr Gr||DOM||# Sold|
Kapalua Plantation Estates Comparative Market Analysis
Want to Know More?
If you are in the market for buying or selling Kapalua real estate or have any questions about the area or the market in general, please feel free to contact me. I welcome the opportunity to give you information on my previous sales performance and marketing strategies. Or if you’re curious about what your property is worth in today’s market, it would be my pleasure to provide you with property information and a value assessment free of any sales pitch.