Kohala by the Sea – This is Why!
Kohala by the Sea residents are active in the community, and for 12 years, Kohala by the Sea has earned national recognition as part of the Firewise Communities program for their efforts to reduce their risk to wildfire. Kohala by the Sea is one of only 33 communities in the entire nation that has maintained this status for more than a decade, and their efforts have garnered accolades and awards from the governor, mayor, county council, and national organizations.
Just across the street from the Blue Pacific
Located on the North Kohala Coastline with its white sand beaches, shops, harbor, restaurants, and the world famous Mauna Kea, Mauna Lani and Hapuna Beach Hotel Resorts, Kohala by the Sea hugs the coastline on the mauka (mountain) side of Akoni Pule Highway. With just 73 house lots in this gated community, neighbors know each other and there is a real sense of pride. This distinguished neighborhood was thoughtfully designed so every home has incredible ocean views.
Such is the case with this newly listed home at 59-189 Laninui Drive. Sitting on 1.19 acres, the ocean views are spectacular from this custom built, thoughtfully designed home. To sit on the lanai in the afternoon and watch the whales swim and play in the ocean during the winter is wonderful, and the daily sunsets are stunning!
Ahhh the views! 59-189 Laninui Drive (MLS# 616881)
It’s All in the Details
The little things are what you will appreciate the most about this large 3 bed, 2.5 bath home. From the chef’s kitchen, central -4 zoned- air conditioning, and professional low maintenance landscaping, you can see the meticulous attention to detail that went into designing every space in this beautiful and spacious home, including:
- Ocean views from all rooms
- Open floor plan with 2 master suites
- Photovoltaic System (36 panels and net metering paid in full)
- Solar water heating
- Chef’s kitchen with 5 burner gas stove, convection oven, commercial grade Kitchen-Aid refrigerator, 2 deep sinks and more!
- Kitchen includes solid cherry wood cabinetry, matching marble countertops and flooring and skylights with natural light
- Master bath includes double sinks, vanity, walk in closet, built in dressers and skylights with natural light
- Huge master bath jacuzzi tub with custom tiling and big ocean views
- Oversized laundry room with office space and lots of storage
- Hot tub with ocean views
- BBQ and entertainment area including bocce ball court
- Tiled, covered, screened in lanai provides comfortable outdoor living space
- Four raised garden beds
- Fully permitted storage shed
- Lawn area that was pre-graded and ready for a future pool
Single Level and Spacious
Because it is single level, the spaces flow together seamlessly, and with 3,649 square feet of living space, there is plenty of room for entertaining. The large kitchen is a chef’s dream, and from the kitchen it is easy to entertain friends and hold conversations whether they are in the living room, in the dining room, the family/game room, or even out on the large enclosed lanai.
Built in 1999 on 1.19 acres, original owner, and fully irrigated and professional landscaping
Is Kohala By The Sea For You?
Additional things to consider when deciding if Kohala By The Sea is for you may include elevation, privacy, view planes, lot sizes, and CCRs and design guidelines.
- Elevation ranges from 200-500′ above sea level
- Lot sizes are all in the 1 acre range
- Each lot has a specified building envelope to help protect view planes and consider privacy
- CCRs and a design review process are in place to help maintain lifestyle and value; for example, short term vacation rentals are prohibited