If you’re moving to Hawaii and are looking at housing in the leeward Oahu neighborhoods of Ewa Beach, Ko’Olina, or Kapolei, check out Hu’elani.
Hu’elani is a gated community of about 100 single family homes located alongside the Coral Creek Golf Course. The most desirable homes in Hu’elani border the golf course. Other homes either have backyard neighbors or border Kapolei Parkway with a large privacy wall.
Once you’re buzzed in the gate at Hu’elani you’ll notice how tidy the entire community looks. No cars are parked on the street. There are designated visitor spaces throughout. The grounds are perfectly maintained, and the pool and fitness center area is large and sparkling clean.
The homes are all complimentary in color and style, with Monier tile roofs and neutral paint schemes. Every Hawaii neighborhood seems to have at least one infamous “Hoarder House”, but the Hu’elani association does not allow such indescretions. And that’s a GREAT thing for you and your property values!
The association dues of $665 per month are higher than most communities in Ewa Beach, but owners not only receive excellent value, but also the free time to enjoy their lifestyle instead of repairing a home.
- Water & Sewer fees are paid. For my family of four, this amounts to about $200 monthly.
- Security features include a gated entry, cameras, security patrol, and a resident manager.
- Community maintenance includes front yard landscaping, roof replacement, exterior home painting & maintenance, and termite treatment.
- Hazard insurance, including hurricane coverage on the home’s shell.
- The Resident Manager serves as a caretaker for the community, overseeing community functions.
- Resort style recreation facilities, such as pool, spa, fitness center, party lanai with Wi-Fi, and BBQ area.
All of these features add up to more free time and fewer unexpected bills for big ticket maintenance items.
So, relax and enjoy your days on your lanai overlooking the golf course. Sit by the pool or in the spa, or host a party at the recreation and BBQ area. If you really have to get moving, try the on-site fitness center instead of mowing your lawn!