Marketing Your Home Using Traditional Real Estate Tools – How To Sell Your Oahu Home (Part Four)
Okay, from reading my past blogs you have now learned how to properly price your product (home), you have learned how to package your product, and now you need to know how to promote your product – promotion is the final tool.
Promoting Your Home on the Market
Promotion may be categorized as simply the marketing of the property. However, it is far from simple and will make a tremendous difference in the amount of exposure you receive on your home, which ultimately dictates how fast it sells and for how much. This is where a great real estate professional should expose your home to the maximum number of potential buyers in the market place.
Hawaii Life has made a science out of exposing your home to the largest number of potential buyers in the market place and does that through their website, which is the most trafficked real estate website in Hawaii.
The reason this is so important to you is that 96% of all home buyers start their search on-line. Consequently, you want to make sure that you are seen prominently on the web, and with Hawaii Life, you will be. Our website receives over 120,000 hits per month and receives over 2,000 requests for more information
Traditional Real Estate Marketing Tools
In addition to insuring your home is seen by the greatest number of potential buyers on the Internet, I will also use many of the traditional marketing tools available. Some examples:
- Prominent signage at your home to reach those individuals as they are driving through your neighborhood that might be interested, OR have a friend or relative looking.
- Entry into the Multiple Listing Service here on Oahu. This insures that all active Realtors will see your home on the market, and since we have professionally staged it and taken professional photos, we will start to receive showing requests in the first few days.
- Hosting a Broker Open House to expose your home to the Realtor community. The great majority of buyers are working with a Realtor. Consequently, we have to sell your home to the Realtors first. We do that at the Open House. The active Realtor community is actually quite small and once these “active” Realtors see your home they will start calling their clients, and other Realtors, with comments like, “You have to see this home, it is beautiful.”
- We will also send out “bulk” emails to the licensed Realtors on Oahu to announce your home and that will sometimes generate additional activity.
- As we have already said, you will appear prominently on the Hawaii Life website, which is also linked to many of the major National and International real estate websites as well. Consequently, someone in California (or Germany) that uses Google to find “Hawaii property for sale” will see your listing at the top of our page. Try it yourself by doing a Google search.
Would You Like to Get Exposure For Your Home?
If you would like to explore my exclusive marketing plan designed to reach every buyer in the entire market, give me a call today at 808-216-7300. The first step in putting together your customized marketing plan is my full review of your property.
I specialize in marketing properties using professional staging, professional photos, the internet, email, direct target marketing, and effectively using the MLS system. To see a sample of our before and after staged properties, please visit me at Stage it Hawaii.