Hawaii House Hunting 101: The Importance of a Buyer Consultation
A Buyer client I recently met mentioned she found me while searching online. This is exciting because it allows me to set up a Buyer Consultation – so many Buyers miss this important house hunting step before they walk into New Home sales offices, or into Open Houses.
In a Buyer Consultation meeting, in addition to being able to discuss the Buyer’s wish list, I am able to give the Buyer added confidence by discussing with them and educating them on important topics that some Buyers are not aware of. Some of the things you might discuss in a Buyer Consultation include:
- Realtor Code of Ethics (which is 100 years old) & how licensed Realtors strive to its credo
- Purchase Contract and the Counter Offer forms we use here in Hawaii
- Importance of the Agency
- Buyer wants & needs
- Location, price point & commuting and/or job location
- How soon a Buyer may need to purchase
- Long term & short term goals
Additional Ways Buyer Consultations Help Homebuyers
A Buyer Agent can learn so much in the thirty minutes it takes to meet for a Buyer Consultation, which can shave days off a Buyer’s search time. Agents who know the market have probably seen a lot of inventory and can place the right home in their mind with what they begin to learn about the Buyer’s wants. This preparation and teamwork lead to a winning combination.
Your Buyer Agent will help:
- write the offers on your behalf
- attend to the unexpected
- follow the critical timelines on the contract
- coordinate all the details of the transaction until the sale records
- ‘fight in the trenches’ for you long after the contract is accepted
Contact a Licensed Hawaii Buyer Agent
I like working with Buyers and have been licensed since 2001 in Real Estate. If you have any questions, or are in need of a Buyer Agent or Buyer Consultation in Hawaii, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Diane C. Chavez RS, ABR, GRI