April Proves to be Hot Month for Oahu Sellers from Aina Haina through Kuliouou
A major factor was there was lots of movement in the higher end with an oceanfront sale on Niu Beach for $4.9 million and a couple on Hawaii Loa Ridge homes that went above $2 million. The lowest price was one in Aina Haina for $876,500.
This Aina Haina home (MLS# 1305077) is priced below April’s median of $1,660,000
Condo Sellers in Hawaii Kai Also Have Good Month
The strength of east Honolulu’s market didn’t just stop when you reached Kuliouou. Hawaii Kai was also a great place for condo Sellers in April. Sales were up 86% and the median price was up 21% to $580,500. Sellers on average there got 102.3% of their original asking price!
Here are the neighborhoods on Oahu that were hot for Sellers and Buyers in April:
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Sellers
- Home sales in Makakilo were up 183%
- Home prices in Aina Haina-Kuliouou were up 90%
- Condo sales in Makaha–Nankuli were up 240%
- Condo prices in Ala Moana–Kakaako were up 50%
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Buyers
- Home sales in Hawaii Kai were down 12%
- Home prices in Makiki–Moiliili were down 21%
- Condo sales on the Kalihi-Palama were down 25%
- Condo prices in Makaha-Nanakuli were down 34%
Please consider these are broad overviews for regions on Oahu. To find out what is happening in your neighborhood, contact one of our great Realtors on Oahu to see what is going on in your market, and if now is the time to buy or sell.