The Honua Kai Resort, a Kaanapali condo for sale- located on Kaanapali North Beach, is by far the most impressive large scale resort condominium (628 units) complex (zoned for short term rentals) in all of Maui. The Honua Kai Resort and Spa attracts buyers and visitors alike to its 40 acres of immaculately groomed beachfront location, brand new construction, and world class amenities.
I am more excited about this particular project than any others on Maui because I think it represents both excellent short term value in that the cash returns to the owners are steadily improving, and this is a wonderful place to stay when you are sick of the snow in Calgary, Boston, or London.
I also believe that this project represents excellent long term value in the sense that Honua Kai is the first whole ownership condominium complex built on Kaanapali Beach in the last 25 years, and we will not be seeing any more beachfront construction in Maui for quite some time. Maui is becoming an even more attractive tourist and living destination on an international scale and the numbers in Honua Kai will be getting better and better as their marketing takes off.
Maui is not known as a cash flow market, it is known for an excellent long term equity market. Look at what units at the Whaler and Kaanapali Alii sold for 20 years ago – these very same economic principles for appreciation are in effect.
There are two towers at Honua Kai-Hokulani (pictured above) is the South Tower and then there is the Konea Tower to the North.
Hokulani Lobby – all guests staying at the resort must check in at this lobby regardless of whether they are staying in Hokulani or Konea.
Konea Lobby – only owners of Konea units will be checking in at the Konea lobby.
Each are impressive – the lobby at Hokulani is a little more upscale and elegant, whereas the Konea Tower is more classical Hawaiian design.
Both Hokulani and Konea at Honua Kai sit directly on Kaanapali North Beach a.k.a. Airport Beach. This is a fantastic location for swimming, diving, snorkeling, whale watching, stand-up paddling, bogey boarding, and the occasional surfing expedition when there is enough swell.
This view is from one of the premiere units at Honua Kai. There is a wide range of real estate available, and the resort and the prices are set in accordance with square footage and view.
Enjoy spectacular views towards the northwest direction from the balcony of this Hokulani unit which overlooks Duke’s Beach House Restaurant and the complex pools. I regularly eat at Dukes as I am big fan of their quality food offered at reasonable prices, friendly service, outstanding ambiance, and location.
Enjoy these views in the southeasterly direction from this unit at Konea
Honua Kai units are whole ownership fee simple units for sale:
Each and every residence showcases open floor plans, celebrated ocean and mountain views, premium interior appointments, and spacious outdoor lanais.
Luxury features include:
- Studios, one and two bedroom suites, are fully furnished and contain Bosch stainless steel appliances including dishwashers and your very own washer/dryer
- Flat screen televisions and DVD players are included in living rooms and bedrooms along with high speed internet access
- Custom Nana Wall doors opening fully to outdoor lanai and garden area in all suites
- Wood cabinetry in kitchens and bathrooms with crown molding, wood baseboards, window trim, and casing throughout
- Granite slab counter tops in kitchens and bathrooms
- Zone controlled air conditions, ceiling fans, and in-room safes
Views and location within the complex are a huge factor of value and I would be happy to explain the intricacies to you.
- Studios: Studios start in the $500,000 range and go up to about $800,000. These units are 583-595 sq. ft. of interior living area with another 100-150 sq. ft. of covered lanai area.
- One Bedrooms: One bedroom/one bathroom or one bedroom + den/two bathroom units start in the $500,000 range and go up to about $1,100,000. These units are between 615-1,280 sq. ft. of interior living area, there is another 135-430 sq. ft. of covered lanai area.
- Two Bedrooms: Two bedroom/two bathroom units start in the $550,000 range and go up to about $2,600,000. These units are between 1,080-1,620 sq. ft. of interior living area, and there is another 145-1,500 sq.ft. of covered lanai area.
- Three Bedrooms: Three bedroom/three bathroom units, or 3 bedroom/3.5 bathroom units start at $1,350,000 and go up to $5,300,0000. These units are between 1,315-2,770 sq. ft. of interior living area, and there is another 225-3,200 sq. ft. of covered lanai area.
Three bedroom residences are equipped with:
- Top-of-the-line Viking appliance package and include outdoor *BBQs, *lanai kitchenette, and wine bars
- Travertine flooring throughout living and dining as well as the entry, kitchen, and bathrooms
- Stained solid core, wood paneled entry door
- Solid core louvered interior doors
- Wood baseboards, window trim, and door casing throughout
- Granite slab counter tops in kitchen with full height back splash and under cabinet lighting
- Custom wood cabinetry in kitchen and bathrooms
- Luxurious master with bathroom with enlarged frameless glass showers
- Granite counter tops in each bathroom
- Crown molding in living and dining area
- Custom Nana Wall doors to outdoor lanais and garden areas
- Bosch washer/dryer in each residence
- Multi-room sound speaker system
- Oceanfront residences have outdoor kitchenettes on the lanai
*Outdoor BBQs and kitchenettes included in oceanfront and top level three bedroom residences
- Ownership: Honua Kai is not a timeshare complex, it is whole fee simple ownership. Owners can elect to put their unit in the front desk rental program when they are not staying in the resort, they can manage the unit on their own, or just lock it up and leave it vacant.
- Water play: there are three pools that have their own distinct feel and experience. These pools were designed to cater to different types and ages of guests and homeowners.
- Fitness Center: there are state of the art fitness centers in both the Hokulani and Konea towers. They are adding another 1,500 sq. ft. to Hokulani fitness center.
- Dining: I really enjoy the sandwiches, pizza, and other deli items at the Aina Gourmet Market (Hokulani tower). The food is fresh and they use local ingredients. The prices are reasonable and it is very convenient. For a complete dining experience enjoy Duke’s Beach House which serves quality Hawaiian influenced cuisine with aloha during breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Arts: the resort is beautifully decorated by many internationally acclaimed artists adding a nice cultural affinity to ones experience.
- Shopping: Times Supermarket is a two minute walk from the resort for all your shopping grocery needs.
I am very familiar with the market inventory at Honua Kai, and I am here to direct you to the units that best suit your taste and budget. I do not work for the developer, I can work exclusively and aggressively for you.
I also know exactly how to negotiate with this particular developer to get you the best deal possible. The majority of the inventory at Honua Kai is not being advertised anywhere, but is still for sale. Contact me and let me share the best deals that the developer is holding.
- Here are all the listed units for sale at the Konea Tower of Honua Kai
- Here are all the listed units for sale at the Hokulani Tower of Honua Kai
- Here is a photo gallery of Honua Kai that is sure to please
I think my passion for the resort is quite evident here and I would love the opportunity to share my passion with buyers representing you exclusively as a seller’s agent. I do not work for the developer and thus, there is no conflict of interest in the agency relationship.
The best marketing + the most exposure = sold results by the Stice Team and Hawaii Life Real Estate Services. Contact me for my marketing plan to get your unit sold for the highest net proceed in the least amount time and with the least amount of hassle possible.