To Buy or Not to Buy a Hawaii Home During the Holidays? – Pros & Cons
Should I continue looking actively for a home during Christmas? This is a very common question I get yearly from my clients. You are probably torn between focusing on shopping, parties, and the children, or being diligent with finding your perfect home. To address this question, we usually write out a list of the Pros and Cons for my Buyers, and then letting them decide what makes the most sense for their situation.
Pros of staying engaged in the market during the holidays:
- There is less competition! Hooray, less buyers looking during this time means a better chance of you having your offer accepted!
- Less competition means Sellers may be more willing to negotiate with you on the price/terms of their home sale. Historically, there are about 200-300 less sales in Hawaii due to the holidays.
If you got your offer accepted, haven’t you just received the best Christmas present ever?!
Cons of shopping for a home during the Christmas season:
- You are undoubtedly busy shopping for everyone else before Christmas! There’s no extra time for property showings or leisurely going to those open houses on Sundays.
- If you have kids they are on school break, so again, dedicated time to look for a home is much more challenging.
- If you can’t be timely with your offers, you will probably lose out on the home.
Contact a Knowledgeable Hawaii Real Estate Agent
For some Buyers the answer is clear, and for others, they may waiver. Either way, it is always better to communicate with your Realtor in early December and formulate a plan of action. Contact me for further thoughts on the matter.
Have a wonderful holiday season!