“We’re going to close up our house up for the summer and put it on the market for sale when we get back next fall.”
Don’t make this mistake!
It’s common on Kauai for your friends, clients, and neighbors to go “off island,” or to leave Kauai sometimes for months at a time. Often people who have been thinking about selling their home think they should wait until they are back on Kauai to list and sell their home.
This is actually the opposite of what you should do! Speaking as a real estate professional, the easiest time to sell your home is when you are out of town! Here are a few reasons why:
1. I can hold an open house as often as possible and as long as possible.
2. I can show your home as early or as late as I need to accommodate the potential Buyers – early in the morning to catch walkers and people who haven’t adjusted to the time change, and as late as the sunsets.
3. You will never be inconvenienced by a potential Buyer.
4. Buyers feel more comfortable when they know they have all the time they need to look at and get the feel of a home. If they know the Sellers are circling the block waiting for them to leave, they aren’t able to take the time they might need.
5. You never have to stress about cleaning your home or getting your home ready for a showing.
6. Living in a house that’s on the market for sale is stressful (always having to keep everything perfect).
The easier it is for a Buyer to see your home, the easier it is to sell. This affects both the time it takes to sell your home and ultimately the price you get for your home!
If you’re considering selling your home, but think you have to wait until you are going to be here, please rethink that idea. I’m always happy to discuss your options with you, to hear your concerns, and to pursue a course of action that best meets the outcome you want.
Call (808-855-5808) or email me anytime. I’m always happy to help!