Hawaii is now ranked 11th in the nation for foreclosures according to RealtyTrac. Maui and the Big Island led the state with each containing two out of the top five zip codes. Here are the top foreclosure zipcodes for the state:
- Kailua-Kona led the way with 193
- Kihei was the highest on Maui with 122
- Ewa Beach had the most on Oahu with 89
- Lahaina was Maui’s 2nd on the list with 75
- Waikoloa was the Big Island’s 2nd on the list with 73
Foreclosure Inventory Growing
As foreclosures mount, REO inventory is starting to build as lenders are putting these assets back on the market. Hawaii Life is networked with hundreds of asset managers and we are listing REO properties.Â If you are an asset manager, give us a call to let us market those assets. If you’re a buyer, contact us to see what REO listings are available.Â Here’s an example of some REO homes and condos on the market on Oahu.