“Do all improvements increase the value of my home?” This is something that comes up all the time in conversations. The answer is no. Certain things will definitely increase the value of your home, but not all.
Here are the top 7 improvements to make in order to get a return on your money.
- Total kitchen remodel. The average return at resale is 91%.
- Upgrading all appliances.
- Total remodel of the Master Bathroom. The average return on resale is 93%.
- Adding a deck, patio or porch addition. The average return on resale is 90%.
- Boosting your curb appeal. The average return on resale is 100%.
- Improve energy efficiency.
- Adding a swimming pool.
I have had sellers in the past only focus on the small things versus the big things. For example, changing the outlets or replacing ceiling fans. It’s wasting your time and could be also wasting your money. Buyers usually want sellers to take care of the big ticket items instead of the small. The NAR, National Association of Realtors also have some ideas on this topic. I hope you found this helpful. Stay tuned for more Real Estate tips and tricks.