Have you been cooped up in the house with your kids for far too long? Is working alongside your spouse at home putting a damper on your relationship? Are you in a funk and fresh out of ideas for Valentine’s Day?
You may not be in the mood to celebrate, but more than ever, taking time to enjoy life and to celebrate your relationships is incredibly important. Valentine’s Day is a day to show and to express affection to our partners, family, and friends.
How to Celebrate Valentine’s Day During COVID
It’s the perfect time to celebrate love and those around us. So, even if you’re a bit tapped out, make the effort to make the day special. And, just to make it easy for you, here are some suggestions to help make your Valentine’s Day fun and memorable:
- Watch a romantic or kid-friendly movie. Grab the popcorn and cuddle up. Pop open a bottle of red wine and light a candle to add a little ambiance.
- Watch a concert together. Karaoke anyone? Music will lift your spirits. Throw in some dancing for a great energy boost!
- Play. Get out your favorite board games, and don’t forget the snacks!
- Do something active together, but in a different way than usual. Walk. Bike. Hike. Swim. Surf. Have fun!
- Cook a delicious meal together. Or, test your culinary skills with a cook-off! The loser does the dishes.
- Have a virtual party. This is a great way to connect with others and to celebrate friendships. Make it festive by dressing up or by decorating your background.
There are hundreds of things you can do to enhance your enjoyment on Valentine’s Day. Even during a pandemic. Whether it’s breakfast in bed, your own personal wine tasting party, a game of checkers, an indoor picnic, or a chocolate dipping banquet, the options are endless. With a little thoughtfulness and creativity, you can have a fun and memorable day.
Happy Valentine’s Day from our Hawai‘i Life family to yours.