Discovery Bay is a cat friendly complex. Constructed in 1977, there are over 660 units at Discovery Bay with two towers, the Endeavor and Resolution. There are several units offering ocean views, 42 stories high and with 8 elevators. Most units have been remodeled and have enclosed their lanai. Units located higher up offers better ocean and Diamond Head views. Discovery Bay is a highly demanded leasehold property. Lease expires in 2039 and renegotiated in 2019.
View from Discovery Bay toward Ala Wai boat marina
Discovery Bay Floor Plans
Discovery Bay has 5 floor plans available:
- Studio, 1 bathroom: 464sq.ft., no lanai
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom: 770 sq.ft., lanai varying in size from 87-128 sq.ft.
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom: 852 sq.ft., corner units have 134 sq.ft. lanai
- 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom: 1,081-1131 sq.ft., 78-128 sq.ft. lanai
- 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom: 1,838-1,897 sq.ft., 171-333 sq.ft. lanai (Penthouse)
Available Discovery Bay Condos
There are currently 8 units for sale (listed from lowest priced to most expensive):
- (MLS# 1300636): unit 3317, $256,200, 1 bed/1 bath, 683 sq.ft.
- (MLS# 1301182): unit 2213, $318,000, 1 bed/1 bath, 683 sq.ft., 86 sq.ft. lanai
- (MLS# 1301033): unit 2011, $329,000, 2 bed/2 bath, 1,003 sq.ft., 128 sq.ft. lanai
- (MLS# 1206202): unit 1614, $330,000, 2 bed/2 bath, 1,003 sq.ft.
- (MLS# 1301840): unit 3919, $350,000, 1 bed/1 bath, 724 sq.ft., 128 sq.ft. lanai
- (MLS# 1205880): unit 3311, $389,000, 2 bed/2 bath, 1,003 sq.ft., 128 sq.ft. lanai
- (MLS# 1213705): unit 3304, $389,000, 2 bed/2 bath, 1,131 sq.ft.
- (MLS# 1300966): unit 2201, $495,000, 2 bed/2 bath, 1,003 sq.ft., 128 sq.ft. lanai
Discovery Bay Amenities
Discovery Bay is located at 1778 Ala Moana Blvd. and near the Ala Wai boat marina. Onsite amenities include:
- A fitness center
- Trash chute
- Barbeque recreational area
- Swimming pool
- A locked lobby, onsite guards, and video monitoring
- Garage parking stalls
This complex offers vast options in conveniences offsite:
- The bus stop is located on the corner
- Subway, McDonalds, and sushi are all located in the building along with rental car companies
- The ABC Store, Red Lobster, OutBack steak house, Chart House, Harbor pub are all nearby
- Ilikai Hotel and Modern Hotel are across the street
Discovery Bay Sales Stats
There were 28 units sold in 2012 and 7 sold so far year to date for 2013. The average sold price in 2012 was $197,250 with 43 days on market. For 2013 the average price sold was $307,071 with 51 days of market. Discovery Bay units are affordable for Waikiki standards.
Units at Discovery Bay also rent well (check out Tripadvisor for more information). If you would like more information about living at Discovery Bay, please contact me.
Tara L. Kelly, RA, CSP, SFR