Buying or Selling a House During COVID-19 | Thank You, Technology
Has COVID-19 Put a Halt on Purchasing or Selling a Home in Hawaii?
For a lot of people, this is the case. But, it doesn’t have to be if you’d like to buy or sell property right now. Technology today has created the opportunity of allowing real estate transactions to continue during COVID-19.
Almost everything throughout a real estate transaction can be done virtually. That’s right, even the property home inspections. My clients and I just experienced our first Home Inspection via Zoom. We can electronically sign contracts via DocuSign. Virtual tours. It’s really quite amazing.
I heard a great joke by one of my fellow realtors: “Why does it take 7 realtors to change a light bulb?” The answer: “I don’t know; that’s just how it’s always been.” I may have laughed harder than I should have. But, it resonated with me. Now more than ever, we’re forced to adapt and perhaps change the way we do things. Now, we’re really seeing whether that meeting could have been done over email. Or, if the showing (which took our Seller clients hours to prepare the house) was, in fact, for a serious Buyer, or just another looky-lou.
So yes, you can buy and sell a home during COVID-19, with the help of technology and a tech-savvy real estate agent.
How Can We Help You?
At Hawaii Life, we have always had the ability to work and serve remotely. Here are a few services we have always offered (prior to COVID-19):
- Complimentary staging, professional photos, virtual tours, (now, virtual open houses)
- Click here for an example of our virtual tour for our current listing.
- Showing up. (Now, virtually via Zoom, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, you name it!)
- Major online marketing presence – Blogging, email marketing to +3000 Hawaii Realtors. We will feature your property on our Social Media: (Facebook, Instagram) accounts boasting thousands of followers.
- Virtual Meetings/tours of homes
- Virtual Property Home Inspections
- Our expertise