Best 2 Bedroom Buys at Honua Kai Resort – Few Remaining Developer Inventory
The developer of the Honua Kai Resort and Spa just recently released two well priced 2 bed/2 bath residences at the very popular billion dollar beachfront resort in Ka’anapali, Maui. As an owner, a consistent listing and buyer’s agent, and director of 6 different vacation rental properties at the resort, I do my best to keep my clients updated on all new opportunities/competition at Honua Kai. These two properties were just introduced to the open market and are some of the last remaining developer inventory at the 600+ unit resort.
Hokulani #445: Two Bedroom Inner Courtyard Ocean View Suite
2 Bd | 2 Ba | 1,100 Sq.Ft. | 235 Sq.Ft. Covered Lanai | $1.39M | (MLS# 366619)
Hokulani #445 is a fourth floor residence located a couple stacks back from the front of the building and is situated in the coveted inner courtyard affording it protected view planes, ocean, sunset, and Lanai island views, and comfort from occasionally strong tradewinds in this area of Ka’anapali. This property is very well priced in light of recent sold comparables for similar properties.
Above is a video that I shot of this residence about 2 years ago before the developer pulled the property off the open market. I have represented a number of buyers on properties like this specific one and am currently representing two owners on their vacation rental operation, so please check out their value propositions as well as the strong rental calendars we have for the properties. This unit would likely fall in between our Hokulani #248 and Konea #607 property. Vacation Rentals at The Honua Kai Resort and Spa offered by Hawaii Life.
Konea #204: 2 Bedroom Mountain View Residence
2 Bd | 2 Ba | 1,250 Sq.Ft. | 230 Sq.Ft. Covered Lanai | $1.15M | (MLS# 366620)
Below is a video of Konea #304, which is one floor above Konea #204, that I shot of this residence about 2 years ago. The buyer of Konea #604 used my videos on the 04 stack in Konea to assist with their purchasing decision and we are now running their vacation rentals 4 floors up from this one as they decided to purchase another one with me across the hall at Konea #607. This property is very well priced in light of recent sold comparables for similar properties. This is also the lowest priced developer owned property available at Honua Kai.
What We Love About Honua Kai
- Honua Kai is the newest beachfront whole ownership condominium in West Maui, Hokulani was built in 2008 and Konea in 2009. Surrounding whole ownership buildings are 20-40 years older than Honua Kai.
- Honua Kai is zoned for short-term vacation rentals – occupancy rates, average daily rates, and overall rental income have steadily risen throughout the years and are some of the very strongest in all of Hawaii.
- The onsite Ho’ola Spa is a full-service spa with natural treatments using exclusively Maile organic products.
- 38 acres of direct oceanfront land – Honua Kai is one of the largest resorts in all of Maui, which allows its owners and guests to experience the sensation of spreading their wings and enjoying all the open space.
- The onsite Aina Gourmet Market is a great place for sandwiches, fresh juices, a full-service coffee shop, and some basic sundries.
- The 5 different pool experiences at Honua Kai have something for everyone and are a major reason guests return every year.
- Duke’s Beach House restaurant is directly onsite with excellent breakfast, lunch, and dinner service, and great local entertainment. Duke’s also takes care of the poolside beverage and food service. I have eaten at many of the restaurants in West Maui and truly feel that Duke’s is one of the best values in the entire area.
Aloha from Honua Kai in Ka’anapali, Maui,
Jeremy Stice, R(B)
Honua Kai- Hokulani 833 Owner
All Honua Kai Real Estate For Sale
Here is a gallery of all the active and pending resale properties currently on the market: Honua Kai Real Estate Gallery. Please contact me directly for unlisted resale properties as well as my top picks for remaining developer inventory.
My Blog Series on Honua Kai Condos
Please visit my website dedicated to all things Honua Kai, including the most recent market updates, here: www.HonuaKaiBlog.com.
Subscribe to my blog feed here: Subscribe to Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers » Jeremy Stice, R(S) by Email.