There’s a new Alfred Preis listing that recently came on the market in Makiki Heights. As I’ve written in some of my previous mid century modern articles, homes designed by Preis don’t come on the market as often as those done by Ossipoff as there are simply less out there.
Entry to rare Alfred Preis designed home (MLS# 201405163) listed for $1,275,000
The last home that I wrote about in Manoa sold above asking price. Although it closed just a few months ago, there aren’t that many that have hit market in the past 5 years since I became passionate on his product and purchased one of the homes he designed in Diamond Head.
Mid century modern Preis home with signature hollow tile used in a number of his homes
Alfred Preis Homes Sold on Oahu
Here’s some of those homes and articles I’ve written over the past 5 years for reference:
- 3247 Melemele Place in Manoa – Sold January 30, 2014
- 3220 Melemele Place in Manoa – Sold May 3, 2013
- 492 Portlock Road in Portlock – Sold January 23, 2012
- 1290 Alewa Drive #1 in Alewa Heights – Sold October 21, 2011
- 17 Kepola Place in Nuuanu – Sold January 25, 2011
- 1290 Alewa Drive in Alewa Heights – Sold November 23, 2010
As you can see, there’s only about one a year that hits the market. My guess is this one will go pretty fast…
Original Preis kitchen with signature custom designed drawers and built-ins
Contact a Mid Century Modern Home Expert
If you’ve interest in this or other mid century modern homes, feel free to contact me for more information.