If you had the choice, would you rather sell your home for $600k or $650k? While the answer is obvious, the way you arrive at selling your property for more boils down to one thing, exposure. Successful digital marketing can lead to more eyeballs, more offers, and possibly, a higher sales price, bringing top dollar when you sell your property.
Sellers need to make a great impression when listing their home. Providing the home with “curb appeal” is mostly their responsibility. It is up to an agent that is experienced in online marketing, to show it off using:
- Professional photos and video
- Blog posts marketed to potential Kauai buyers
- Social media posts and ads
- Email marketing to an extensive database
Combining the above tools with the strategies below, a home can make it on to a buyer’s “must-see list.”
The photos for this Kauai home received hundreds of likes and comments and helped my sellers listing get multiple showing requests.
1. Eye-catching photos and video will help a realtor market your property. Promoting this content in the right way using ad placement and marketing techniques can lead to heavy social media traffic via Instagram and Facebook, which are powerhouse marketing tools these days.
2. It is a fact that listings with professional real estate photography sell for better prices (and quicker) than those shot by amateurs. Buyers who are looking online will pass over the properties that do not have attractive photos.
3. Professional photographers will edit your photos to create images that are 10x better than any cell phone photo. They have advanced software and editing techniques that can help showcase your home to its full potential. A seasoned real estate photographer will use a wide angle lens and professional equipment to highlight your homes best features.
Hawaii life’s search site reaches thousands of people every month. [Click to search]
4. Using the right listing agent matters: Hawai‘i Life listings are viewed 420% more than non-Hawaii Life listings as a result of a boost in our search algorithm, bringing even more qualified buyers to a listing.
5. An agent with a large social media following and contact list can reach many potential buyers quickly. One email or social media post to their sphere of influence could result in multiple showing requests.
6. Using a drone real estate photographers are producing dramatic, sweeping shots of landscapes, ocean and mountain views and seamless fly-arounds of gorgeous home exteriors.
Drone photos can show a properties layout, neighborhood and proximity to nearby mountains, towns and the ocean
7. When it comes to interior photos of real estate, staging is the key element to success. Making the living areas of your listings seem warm and pleasant, while at the same time stylish and organized, should be a top goal when shooting.
8. Buyers love to see a visual walk through of a property. A listing video will not only make the home stand out to buyers due to the lack of home videos in the market, but it will showcase your home and its features at the highest level. Through a video tour, buyers get to see the flow of your home, the size of the rooms, and the feel of the spaces in a way that still photos cannot convey.
Most everyone can agree on one thing, digital marketing is here to stay. This is why myself and Hawaii Life invest time and resources into these tools. They are a prime cornerstone of my marketing plan when representing sellers. My last 10 property sales all featured successful online marketing strategies resulting in multiple offers and homes selling at an average of 97% of asking.
As a Kauai raised resident and homeowner, I am a great resource for local information, contractor referrals and guidance. I am on the Kauai Board Of Realtors Ethics Committee and I pride myself on serving you with efficiency and experience. If you are considering selling and would like a free evaluation of your property contact me and we can talk more.